Steam Only?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Tazzm

Steam Only?

Post by Tazzm »

I love Legend of Grimrock, and eagerly await the sequel. I am overjoyed to see it has a 2014 release forecast. I picked up the first game from GoG.com on special and despite the game's unchanging environment from one play through to the next, I have played it through repeatedly. Even though I know they're there (I hear them scuttling!), all the spiders I come across have still successfully snuck up on me somehow and given me a heart attack when they attack me, the high-pitched squeal they make when they attack perpetually catching me by surprise.
Looking at the current info for Grimrock 2, all I see is mentions of there not being "steam early access" and the like. Will Grimrock 2 only be available through Steam then? Because as much as I love Grimrock, I may just dislike Steam more. Please tell me that Grimrock 2 will be available (or become available at a not-too-distant future point) through GoG.com, or directly from your site, with no Steam involvement to be had. Pretty, pretty please?
Isaac

Re: Steam Only?

Post by Isaac »

Last time, they simply used the Steam platform for the access features, and for the beta map editor. We can't know 100% of course, but most would think it's a given that AH will [again] sell via Steam, GoG, and Direct sale from AH/ and that direct sales will probably come with an optional steam key.
Tazzm

Post by Tazzm »

ah, so its very likely i'll be able to get it from GoG.com or AH's website, with no steam-online-registration nonsense? excellent. hopefully a completely definitive answer from AH will arrive at some point, but until then thanks for the reassurance i should be able to get the game and remain Steam-free. =)
antti

Post by antti »

Yes, we're planning of launching both on Steam and as a standalone again. :)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Tazzm

Post by Tazzm »

lovelovelovelove. thank you for this reassurance. i shall hope that when Grimrock 2 is released Warlords of Draenor has not yet come out, lest my brain explode from having to choose between the games.