The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
boyflea

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide release

Post by boyflea »

Isaac wrote:
boyflea wrote:The EXCELLENT Forge room (isaac): hint required please. :)
Thank you! Image
Unless I misunderstand, there is a hint in your own post. ;)
(And...if the foundry is running, it's powered, but it needs to know what to do.)
About 1 minute after resuming gameplay I realised the solutuion:
SpoilerShow
I had read the secrets pdf (boo, cheat!) and had put the required item in the alcove downstairs for the secret (like the munchkin I am). Moral: don't read the secrets guide before finishing a room! Not often I imitate Homer Simpson, but DOL (D'oh out loud)
Your room was the last of the 22 chambers I've thoroughly reviewed and would say that overall it is the best, due to it's cohesive design: it is one big puzzle with a lot of logical and intuitive parts... and to find out that
SpoilerShow
I've not stopped Godith
means I'll still need to replay further. :)
But first I'll need to explore all of Diarmuid's dungeon parts and review those too then come back again...
(and then finally, finally stop making notes and start just playing again! I'm not even going for 100% secrets yet - I'll save that for my third playthru :) )

cheers Isaac (and everyone of course)
DAVE
THOM

Post by THOM »

Well - I'm a bit confused.

I'm stuck in the Condemned Area and had a look at some playthroughs. In both there is a button on the wall to open a secret passage - but that button doesn't appear in my dungeon ??!! Also a view into the editorfile had the same result.

Is it beacause I am still playing version 1 (was to far in the game to restart with version 2 oder 3) or did I missed something??
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

tschrage wrote:Well - I'm a bit confused.

I'm stuck in the Condemned Area and had a look at some playthroughs. In both there is a button on the wall to open a secret passage - but that button doesn't appear in my dungeon ??!! Also a view into the editorfile had the same result.

Is it beacause I am still playing version 1 (was to far in the game to restart with version 2 oder 3) or did I missed something??
The latest version has some additional passageways as well as several necessary fixes.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Yes, a passageway was added in patch 2 I think, to allow players to return to the prison and spiderfighter's room. It's not in version 1.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Diarmuid wrote:Yes, a passageway was added in patch 2 I think, to allow players to return to the prison and spiderfighter's room. It's not in version 1.
So this passage is not necessary to solve the area?
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

tschrage wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:Yes, a passageway was added in patch 2 I think, to allow players to return to the prison and spiderfighter's room. It's not in version 1.
So this passage is not necessary to solve the area?
Right.
SpoilerShow
To make a rather late puzzle easier solvable those passages were included to enable checking rooms that became inaccessible for specific items the player may left behind.
ZedDukeOfBanville

Post by ZedDukeOfBanville »

Hey everyone,

having lots of fun with this fantastic mod (discovered on the official Grimrock blog itself!) :D Well done guys!

However, I'm currently stuck in the Foundry.
SpoilerShow
The forge is working, everything is in place, the robot has his gold heart, the ghost is dead, I found a note which tells me to "reunite the four elements" to make the robot work and repair the key but I don't know what to do next and how the levers work. Which four elements, and how?
Any help?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Unfortunately, the dwarves lost their notes in a fire, so the robot operation is trial and error. However:
SpoilerShow
A note says somewhere they managed to separate elemental influences in the controls to make operation easier, so as you have 6 levers and... how many elemental schools in Grimrock? Especially with one stuck lever, there's not that much combinations. You can also test levers one at a time with daggers and longswords and handaxes to see which does what.
ZedDukeOfBanville

Thanks ;)
ZedDukeOfBanville

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help]

Diarmuid wrote:You really need to switch on the Monty Python part of your brain for that room.
SpoilerShow
Dress is here rather "undress"...
Another hint please?