Items are pushed into the walls

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Fonzman

Items are pushed into the walls

Post by Fonzman »

Hopefully just a minor bug, but items lying on the floor are pushed into the walls when I walk onto the square they are ocupying. When they get pushed into the wall, they are inaccessible. It only happend to rocks and a knive for now, but I hope it is fixed, before some precious keys are being pushed into the void :-)

And thanks folks! Until now the game delivers the good 'ol Dungeon Master experiance perfectly!! :D
crossover

Re: Items are pushed into the walls

Post by crossover »

Knives are picked up if you push them into a wall. Probably the same for other items as well.
AjM

Post by AjM »

Not pushed on the wall, but auto pickup on the working.
petri

Post by petri »

Can you confirm that this is actually the auto pickup? Otherwise this sounds like a very strange bug that we should have caught in testing....
AjM

Post by AjM »

I can confirm, happens only rocks and knives so far.
So, works as should be, i think.
Last edited by AjM on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petri

Post by petri »

Ok not a bug then :)
Frirr

Post by Frirr »

I noticed this same thing with for example the shield/spears that skeletons drop in early trap room where pressure plate opens 3 doors with each has skeleton behind. After kills the loot can be pushed to edge of tiles.
kudu

Post by kudu »

Frirr wrote:I noticed this same thing with for example the shield/spears that skeletons drop in early trap room where pressure plate opens 3 doors with each has skeleton behind. After kills the loot can be pushed to edge of tiles.
This happens with all items. It's holdover from the old 2d games like DM and EoB, where you couldn't look at the ground. That way, if you were standing on a tile with an item on it, you could still pick it up. I thought that was a nice touch in Grimrock. Good job :)
Fonzman

Post by Fonzman »

Confirm. Items auto-pickup of items such as stones, throwing knives, etc.
I didn't think about such an option, so I was just confused, when the items vanished :-)
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Fonzman wrote:Confirm. Items auto-pickup of items such as stones, throwing knives, etc.
I didn't think about such an option, so I was just confused, when the items vanished :-)
You didn't notice that your characters ammo suddenly replenished? ;)