Minimap

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Panda

Minimap

Post by Panda »

After having a quick dungeon run with Dungeon Hack, I was reminded how handy a minimap is and how much I miss it when it's not available. Would it be possible to have that included in LoG2? One that you could toggle on/off.

I guess my sense of direction is just terrible. :lol:
Dr.Disaster

Re: Minimap

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AH already stated in it's dev blog that they experimented with a mini-map and found it to be too much distration from actual gameplay.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Dr.Disaster wrote:AH already stated in it's dev blog that they experimented with a mini-map and found it to be too much distration from actual gameplay.
:? I think it's far more distracting having to constantly go to the map screen to get your bearings.

Come on, AH! At least give the option. Let us decide for ourselves.
Distractionbeast

Post by Distractionbeast »

As a level designer, I'm not worried about this one. It sounds like AH has a good handle on this. A minimap is needed more when the environment is light on landmarks. Honestly, through most of LoG, I was able to do a lot of the navigating without referring to the map because of the fantastic job they did at building their environments. It's even more impressive considering the limited number of tiles they had to work with.

Judging from the new screenshots alone, I'd say they're planning to make LoG2 a lot more landmark heavy, so chances are a minimap would be even less necessary. IMO