-= Dungeons Kingdom =- [Physics+Interactions Vid]

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Dandy

Re: Introducing -= Dungeon Kings =-

Post by Dandy »

It's the first time I have took notice of the amount of detail you have incorporated into the game, it looks as if it is going to very atmospheric, especially with some creepy sound/music to go along with it.

With this type of game coming back into the public eye and there being a rising demand for it, word really needs to get out to the people about Dungeon kings. I would think it would do well on kickstarter or even some form of early access, I don't know.
Anyway, it looks good enough to eat. :)
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

eoliene wrote:Site has been down few days for maintenance and is now back, featuring a new post giving some details about the recently reworked Touch interface :

http://www.hydro-games.com/dk/

It seems you got the basics done by now. Any chance on a first demo video?
eoliene

Re: -=Dungeons Kingdom=- dungeon crawler Pc,Mac,iOs,Android

Post by eoliene »

Dandy wrote:It's the first time I have took notice of the amount of detail you have incorporated into the game, it looks as if it is going to very atmospheric, especially with some creepy sound/music to go along with it.

With this type of game coming back into the public eye and there being a rising demand for it, word really needs to get out to the people about Dungeon kings. I would think it would do well on kickstarter or even some form of early access, I don't know.
Anyway, it looks good enough to eat. :)
Thanks dandy. I am glad you noticed it. That's what is taking the most time, settings and details to get the best atmosphere. Some months ago, i was discussing with Game Designer. He was saying that when creating a game, you have to think twice before adding features : compute the ratio about how much it brings to the game versus the time you spend on it. I totally disagreed with him, if listen too much at him, i would make a game without any soul. Details will make de difference in my opinion. I have spent countless hours tweaking stuffs like fov, fog, light colors etc. etc., or trying to put details into geometry to avoid "clean like dungeon". And i'll go on that way ! I could make a simple clone like a few we can find on mobile, it would take no more than a couple of weeks to create, but definately NOT the way i am following. I want the game to be immersive, and with a great ergonomy, even on mobile/tablets, not only on PC.

About Kickstarter, unfortunately it's not open to french developers like me, we can pay to support projects, not create our own (at the moment...). We have alternative like Ulule or MyMajorCompany, but the audience is not as wide. That's a shame, i would really like have more models in the game. That's why the DK will be probably shorter, split into several episodes. I keep the hope that if it's successfull, i can get more easily some funds for the next chapter, and then nothing will stop my creativity :)

Regards
Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eoliene

Re: -=Dungeons Kingdom=- dungeon crawler Pc,Mac,iOs,Android

Post by eoliene »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
eoliene wrote:Site has been down few days for maintenance and is now back, featuring a new post giving some details about the recently reworked Touch interface :

It seems you got the basics done by now. Any chance on a first demo video?
Well i am thinking about it, i've read an article about video capture software comparison recently, as i am planning to make some video to feed the website. So it should happen soon....! :P
Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

You can also go for greenlight and submit a small demo to 'rock, paper shotgun'. They love this sort of thing. RPS, has a wide audience of indie and 'early access' fans.
I know it's probably early days yet, but it's something to look towards doing. As you say, if you could get one chapter up for sale, it would allow you more time for creativity. I wish you luck.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
eoliene

Re: -= Dungeons Kingdom =- dungeon crawler Pc,Mac,iOs,Androi

Post by eoliene »

Dandy wrote:You can also go for greenlight and submit a small demo to 'rock, paper shotgun'. They love this sort of thing. RPS, has a wide audience of indie and 'early access' fans.
I know it's probably early days yet, but it's something to look towards doing. As you say, if you could get one chapter up for sale, it would allow you more time for creativity. I wish you luck.

I agree for green light. Steam is on the plans, this is great platform for distribution on PC and Mac. And i'll probably duplicate achievement storing like i do with gamecenter, allowing them to be seen both in the game itself with it's gui, and outside depending the platform by using Steam of GameCenter.

Thanks again for your interest. :mrgreen:

Regards
Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eoliene

first video of -= Dungeons Kingdom =- is online !

Post by eoliene »

I have made a short video of Dungeons Kingdom, you can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKiW4P-gqo

Regards.

-- edit by sol_hsa, embed:

Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I can see you worked on that stair stepping motion to get it just right, well done. Looks pretty nice so far :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Panda

Post by Panda »

Wow, color me impressed. Dungeon Kings looks promising indeed!
eoliene

Re: -= Dungeons Kingdom =- dungeon crawler Pc,Mac,iOs,Androi

Post by eoliene »

Panda wrote:Wow, color me impressed. Dungeon Kings looks promising indeed!
Thanks for the sweet words. Here you can see the game running on a Nexus 7 Tablet. Sorry for video quality, i'll record a better one soon. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nrn2H2ii4o

Regards
Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.