-= Dungeons Kingdom =- [Physics+Interactions Vid]

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Dandy

Re: Introducing -= Dungeon Kings =-

Post by Dandy »

eoliene wrote:
Dandy wrote:I'm interested, but one question. Will it be turn based combat or twitch based like LOG?
It will be real time combat like the good old Dungeon Master, as well as LoG (wich i enjoy so much too !).

Regards,
Sigh! such a shame. Never mind, worst things happen at sea. ;)

Maybe it was because I was a lot younger at the time, but DM always felt that slow, it was basically turn based. I like turn based games, because they are more tactical.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Dandy wrote:Maybe it was because I was a lot younger at the time, but DM always felt that slow, it was basically turn based. I like turn based games, because they are more tactical.
All games are turn based; some turns just happen to take 1/60 seconds =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Sol_HSA wrote:
Dandy wrote:Maybe it was because I was a lot younger at the time, but DM always felt that slow, it was basically turn based. I like turn based games, because they are more tactical.
Why do you think they made LOG so darn fast that it's bordering on being a shooter? :)
eoliene

Re: -=Dungeons Kingdom=- dungeon crawler Pc,Mac,iOs,Android

Post by eoliene »

Dandy wrote:
eoliene wrote:
Dandy wrote:I'm interested, but one question. Will it be turn based combat or twitch based like LOG?
It will be real time combat like the good old Dungeon Master, as well as LoG (wich i enjoy so much too !).

Regards,
Sigh! such a shame. Never mind, worst things happen at sea. ;)

Maybe it was because I was a lot younger at the time, but DM always felt that slow, it was basically turn based. I like turn based games, because they are more tactical.
DM was kinda slow for displaying, however still realtime, and also you were able (and same for DungeonKings) to stack commands. It was possible to 'program' moving around a creature and hit it, move around it before it reach you, hit again etc. etc. Wich is far from being turn based :-)

My only experience as turn based is Crystals of Arborea, the Ishar's serie prequel. I agree it was interesting, but definitely another style of game experience. Ah well should mention Migh And Magic, but i was playing it as real time as we had the choice.

Regards
Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eoliene

Post by eoliene »

Sol_HSA wrote:
ahah so true :-)
However the player feeling is kinda different from the bits eaten by the device :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

eoliene wrote:
Good. I like both styles of combat, and LoG is the only one doing real-time in a gridder right now. Variety is the spice of life, I say!

The game looks good.
eoliene

Re: -= Dungeons Kingdom =- dungeon crawler Pc,Mac,iOs,Androi

Post by eoliene »

Site has been down few days for maintenance and is now back, featuring a new post giving some details about the recently reworked Touch interface :

http://www.hydro-games.com/dk/

Regards
Last edited by eoliene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

I looks really splendid. When are we to get our grubby little hands on it?
eoliene

Post by eoliene »

Dandy wrote:I looks really splendid. When are we to get our grubby little hands on it?
Thanks Dandy. Well, your hands have to wait a bit more, i am sorry :) A demo will be available a few weeks later, but it will features only a few rooms, showcasing the ui and gameplay and it will be ready once you can try every gameplay sides (spells, fight...).

Regards
eoliene

Post by eoliene »

Probably worth to mention it: the above screenshot UI Layout is the mobile/tablet touch version (as mentionned on the website post), the desktop / big screens version being much smaller.