MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
xan

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by xan »

stuck with secret 10-12-111 wind tunnel Lv11. help please.

is there a certain pit to jump in or am i missing some button?

also, i meant to say that i can't even get close to it.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

xan wrote:stuck with secret 10-12-111 wind tunnel Lv11. help please.

is there a certain pit to jump in or am i missing some button?

also, i meant to say that i can't even get close to it.
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is.
in case it's reaching this secret: it's listed on level 10 but located on level 11 so you have to jump into a pit to get there.
in case it's getting the book: re-read the description of the secret; it's very specific.
xan

Post by xan »

one pit leads to the freezer all others to the slime area. i guess there's a passage from the slime area to the wind tunnel, but i have no idea where.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

xan wrote:one pit leads to the freezer all others to the slime area. i guess there's a passage from the slime area to the wind tunnel, but i have no idea where.
There is no passage but it seems you did not complete level 10 yet.
xan

Post by xan »

oh god. i feel so dumb now, spend two hours looking for a passage. thanks
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

thank you for the MQ dungeon. it adds excellent replay value to Grimrock.

problem:

i can't find the boots of valor in the place mentioned in level 8 secrets with the circlet of war. i get plate grieves instead (and circlet of war is still there), which is what my fighter needed anyway to complete the set, but should i still find valor boots someplace else (where?) or is the complete valor armor set not available in the latest MQ?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

The boots were there 'til v1.3 but it seems Komag changed their location in the last MQ update. There is no explicit list what has been moved, only that he "swapped positions of some armor". I did not complete v1.4 yet so i can't tell where the boots are located now but i'm certain they'll show up.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I did rearrange a few of the items for the latest version when I did the armor set bonuses, I haven't updated the secrets list info. Rest assured all the armor is available in the dungeon.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

can you tell which level the boots of valor are at now? i finished level 8 and i'm almost done with level 9; no boots of valor so far - i'm wondering if i should go back to look for them before starting level 10? (of course i may just keep wearing full plate for the set bonus until i have the full valor armor set ready to go)

edit: I've since then found all pieces of valor armor except the boots. i'm a little concerned that they might be missing from MQ because on level 9 i found plate greaves again (in the armoury), which would have been the natural swapping point between boots of valor and plate greaves, and anyway it's unusual to find plate greaves twice so close to each other. anyway, please let me know if the boots of valor are now the last piece of the valor armor the player can find in MQ or whether they were somewhere on level 8 or 9 and I just have to go back and find them. (where, please?)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

"Patience Grasshopper" ;)

MQ features two full set's of plate armor like the original dungeon so no need to be alarmed by a second pair of plated pants.