Anti Aliasing Supported?

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Ihmemies

Re: Anti Aliasing Supported?

Post by Ihmemies »

Problem with FXAA injector is that it is Directx 9 only. Also it blurs everything INCLUDING the user interface (=text is blurry etc.) so it does not look very nice at all.
StormVR6

Post by StormVR6 »

For those of you running Nvidia (8 series and above) you can download the latest beta drivers (301.24) which now have a FXAA setting within the control panel. I've tried FXAA enabled whilst playing LoG and there is no noticeable blurring, but the odd jaggies I see @ 1920x1080 are gone.

FXAA, by nature, blurs the entire image, although some games do not seem to suffer; thankfully, LoG is one such game.

If anybody here is running a lower spec PC - and want a better quality, almost zero performance impact AA - then Google SMAA. Alternatively I can email you the required files, which are simply placed into the core game dir.
It costs nothing to be nice.....but it can cost you much if you're not.
Ranguvar

Post by Ranguvar »

The SMAA injector is much higher quality (less blurring of the screen, less distortion of anti-aliased geometry).

http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html
Keyran

Post by Keyran »

here is the link.
jontycampbell

Post by jontycampbell »

Mackinstyle wrote:At least we're in the era of 1920x1200 being standard.
Wow...I'm still on 1300xsomething!