steam pre order problems

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
wooglah

Re: steam pre order problems

Post by wooglah »

Fadobo wrote:To people who pre-ordered via the website: You can open the humble-store link you received and download the game via the humble website.
We are not idiots and are familiar with the drm-free download link. That does not mean that we want to sit idly and tolerate an unprofessional behavior from Valve.
metalcoholic

Post by metalcoholic »

This whole thing with steam has soured me greatly. I understand that i can download a standalone version of the game however that is not was i was promised OR what i paid for. I was sold something that was supposed to be playable ON STEAM an hour ago. Who ever's fault it is, it is certainly not mine, so why am i going to pay for this screw up?

i will be looking for a refund for this game. what i paid for is not what i was given and where i live that is illegal. if people cant sell a product the right way i will send it back.
Boeboe

Post by Boeboe »

Reporting as well, can't play :(

This whole thing with steam has soured me greatly. I understand that i can download a standalone version of the game however that is not was i was promised OR what i paid for. I was sold something that was supposed to be playable ON STEAM an hour ago. Who ever's fault it is, it is certainly not mine, so why am i going to pay for this screw up?

i will be looking for a refund for this game. what i paid for is not what i was given and where i live that is illegal. if people cant sell a product the right way i will send it back.
Less sugar for you, bad for your heart.
wooglah

Post by wooglah »

metalcoholic wrote:i will be looking for a refund for this game.
So, you are going to harm the indie dev team for something Valve messed up? Great logic! /sarcasm off
petri

Post by petri »

It seems Steam is having some issues with the preorders. We're trying to contact them and resolve the issue. Meanwhile if you preordered through us you can download the standalone version of the game through the Humble Bundle page. The link is in the email you got when you preordered the game. Save games are transferable between Steam and standalone versions so you don't lose progress in the game when you switch from the standalone to Steam version.
Fadobo

Post by Fadobo »

wooglah wrote:
Fadobo wrote:To people who pre-ordered via the website: You can open the humble-store link you received and download the game via the humble website.
We are not idiots and are familiar with the drm-free download link. That does not mean that we want to sit idly and tolerate an unprofessional behavior from Valve.
I am sorry, but I didn't know until I found out on their Facebook page. I know you just come here to be a dick, but some people are actually just interested in playing the game.
snow

Post by snow »

Kriptonic wrote:I have submit a ticket to Steam Support outlining the problem we're having here.

Hopefully the Devs will see this thread and get onto them too. Lets hope for a quick solution to this problem.
Great, I expect we will hear from Valve within a week, if they are as fast as usual. And if the devs don't read their support forum on release day they should sell the source code to EA.

This is what Steam tells me if I try to reenetr the serial (tried incase they had reissued a new one to fix this crap):

Not officially released, good job Steam.

Oh, and clicking the "See more..." link just leads to the default Steam page, very helpful. :P
Last edited by snow on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zebbe94

Post by zebbe94 »

jachreja

Post by jachreja »

I think everyone has a right to be upset, but at the end of the day, everything that CAN be done, is being done.

No point in adding fuel to the fire right guys?

No one's stopping you from starting the game! Savegames are transferrable as mentioned earlier.

Enjoy it!
WhatIsTheMatrix

Post by WhatIsTheMatrix »

Well I'm in the same boat as everyone else and unable to play on Steam.

Thankfully as I pre ordered here so I downloaded the game from my email and can play that way but I do like the convenience of using Steam.