steam pre order problems

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
HairyKong

Re: steam pre order problems

Post by HairyKong »

Same here, in detail: I bought Legend of Grimrock at the Humble store some days ago and registered my Steam key on Steam. Since then I have "Legend of Grimrock Pre-order" in my games list which I thought would unlock with today's release. But the game is released now and there is a Grimrock Steam page but my game does not get unlocked on Steam. It still says "Legend of Grimrock Pre-order has not yet been released".

Will the game unlock on Steam sooner or later or do I need a new Steam key? I want to play this on Steam besause of the achievements.
yellowarcher

Post by yellowarcher »

I am having an identical issue. Rather disappointed to not get to play it until much later today, as I had intended to play a bit before leaving for school.
argh

Post by argh »

Same here just a placeholder page, and yet it gives you the option to go to the store page which takes you to the Legend of Grimrock page which asks you to buy the game. Frustrating!
DunCrow

Post by DunCrow »

same problem here. Is the steam key from the preorder working for anyone?
Wag

Post by Wag »

Same deal.

Would it help if the developer contacted Steam and made them aware of the problem? It seems a lot of people (if not everyone) are having the same issue.
djgromo

Post by djgromo »

Dont worry. If you bought game not directly from steam now you see placeholder which will be changed soon. Same happened with Batman Arkham City (i had steam key from graphic card) and i got game after few hours.
Ihmemies

Post by Ihmemies »

It's just annoying that it happens after a "few hours" and not when it's supposed to happen :)
Tiqon

Post by Tiqon »

Sign me up for this list....

I was looking forward to playing this tonight with my wife beside me, controlling movement, me on actions, just like in the days of old, in Lands of Lore. Also there WIL BE CAKE!

BUHHHUUUUU!
That's a Q in Tiqon, not a G. Thanks, that'll be all, carry on.
Zebdan

Post by Zebdan »

Adding my report of Steam pre-order key issues.

Using the Humble Store's Legend of Grimrock Steam key results in an error message "Steam - Game locked" stating "Legend of Grimrock Pre-order has not been officially released, and can not be unlocked at this time. Please check the Steam news to find out the release time. Steam will notify you when the game becomes unlocked."

The Legend of Grimrock game page does not recognize that I have the game purchased. So it looks like Steam isn't properly recognizing the pre-order.
Bidbits

Post by Bidbits »

They tweeted the following "We're looking into the issue of Steam preorder keys not being activated yet. Just a moment please :)" 13 minutes ago. I have the same issue.