Keyboard Controls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
RogueAI

Keyboard Controls

Post by RogueAI »

I made some keyboard controls for fighting and spellcasting if you want to use them.

With them, you can attack with all 4 characters, left or right handed, with just the keyboard
You can also cast spells and auto recast spells as well.

The first link is if you have AutoHotKey installed, the second is an EXE file if you don't (it will run on its own)
http://rogue-ai.com/stuff/Grimrock.ahk
http://rogue-ai.com/stuff/Grimrock.exe

Once you download the EXE, put it on your desktop, and run it.

You will notice its icon on the bottom right in the taskbar with a big "S" in a green box.

Push the "Pause" button on your keyboard to activate the hotkeys, the green box will change to an "H".

You are ready to roll at this point, launch the game and use the hotkeys (read below to see what they are)

Please bear in mind this is the first version of this, and I created it to go with my party. Adjust the ahk as you see fit and as needed.

The hotkey system takes a moment to get used to it, but I have been using it for a couple hours and it has been working pretty good.

"F" key for left hand, "V" key for right hand.

You press F and then 1, for your first character to attack with their (left icon) weapon.

So combat with 4 warriors would possibly go
F, 1, F, 2, F, 3, F, 4

Next up is casting
Note: only one caster, and he must be in the third spot (bottom left)
if this is indeed a desired expansion to the game, i will expand its abilities for customization

Now, you press "C" key to activate casting
and then you press one of 9 keys which correspond with the runes.
q,w,e
a,s,d
z,x,c

Then you hit "Spacebar" to complete the casting, or you can hit "Esc" to cancel it

Autocasting
Press "Z" to autocast your previously casted spell
This is very experimental, and all it does is mimic the runes you selected last time.
( So if you disable one rune, and enable another, the Z key will do exactly this and your spell probably won't work)

It takes some getting used to, so try it and see if you like it, but its somewhat odd until I add image recognition to it and make it completely automatic and bulletproof.
Sol_HSA

Re: Keyboard Controls

Post by Sol_HSA »

And as a standard disclaimer, almost human doesn't take any responsibility for third-party executables or whatnot.

(and I don't even work for almost human)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Sol_HSA wrote: (and I don't even work for almost human)
Well volunteered! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Innomen

Post by Innomen »

Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=920 We agree.
Cleanfun

Post by Cleanfun »

Well written script, and generous of you to share. Sorry your first couple responses were :roll:

For those last few individuals who didn't get the memo, autohotkey is a really well developed freeware utility that allows you to automate the mouse and keyboard via scripts. It's so useful that it should be a feature native to windows. Most gamers have it. It's not going to steal all your LoG notes and email them to some AOL account. Or will it ... :shock:
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

(beavis n butthead voice) Ehhh. . . .hehehhhh...hehehehhhheh.. . .he thed Aye owe ell. . . .ehhh hehehehhh. . .hehehehhh.....
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades