[DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Conchron

Re: [WIP] Grimrock Model Tookit

Post by Conchron »

Thanks, that means that I'm doing something else wrong. *sigh*
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Dont think you are.

Sometimes the toolkit does not save it .model.

Just something to check each time you save a model.

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Yeah, the 'Save As' dialog doesn't care what you call the file (.obj / .model) but if you have used the 'Save As...' option (instead of export) then you are definitely getting a grimrock .model file format, regardless of what the filename is.

When you have saved your .model file, you need to drop it into your mod assets folder at a path something like the following;

mod_assets/models/my_item.model

Then, in your items.lua script, you have to refer to the model with;

Code: Select all

defineObject{
  model = "mod_assets/models/my_item.fbx",
}
The defineObject must point to a .fbx file, but you actually provide a .model file.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Conchron

Post by Conchron »

Thank you for explaining. :)
The thing is ... it was my defined material that made the mod crash when I tried to load it, not the model. I'm absolutely terrible at writing scrips and such and I keep breaking things that should be fool proof. :oops:
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

I love your toolkit. I am able to put a scary face onto a slime make the rest of the slime invisible and move the slime up and scale everything larger and make new animations for it.

I can make several Moorrack monsters now. You have put a powerful tool into dangerous hands MUUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

:evil: :twisted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88418394@N04/

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Haha, the blackflame looks cool and the ghost looks tough to see (which I expect will make for a nice shock as you won't see 'em coming!). The Moorracks look very creepy!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Good evening there,

I wonder if there is a way to install your toolkit on a mac?
I tried to simulate it on virtual box or wmvare fusion, but the program crash when I start it, I think it's because the 3d graphics is not really "ported" into the 2 emulators.
what a pity! :cry:
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

bongobeat wrote:Good evening there,

I wonder if there is a way to install your toolkit on a mac?
I tried to simulate it on virtual box or wmvare fusion, but the program crash when I start it, I think it's because the 3d graphics is not really "ported" into the 2 emulators.
what a pity! :cry:
I don't really know of course... but (unless it's been changed a lot from when I remember it) it might have something to do with the program's dependency on the SlimDX code.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

I think Isaac is probably right - SlimDX is a C# wrapper built upon DirectX so that is likely where your problems are coming from. If Virtual Box or VMWare support DirectX then you might be able to get it working by installing in the virtual machine;

1. DirectX
2. SlimDX Redistributable
3. .Net
4. The GMT

A bit of a faff, but as long as VMWare supports DirectX acceleration then it should work. Depending on how much the LoG model specification changes for LoG2 and whether I decide to do a rewrite of the GMT for LoG2 or just d a bunch of upgrades, then it's possible that the GMT v2 could be written in Qt and be cross platform like the Atlas Toolkit. But that wouldn't be for a while!
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

thanks for your answer:
definetely: it can't be running on vmware: wmvare wouldn't allow to install directx
the .net program installation crashes
it ask me a dll, and when i put this dll into system32, it says that .net couldnt run on this machine

then I try virtual box
1 direct x install allowed
2 it ask me 2 programs, win installer 3.1 and windows imaging component
3 after installing, the framework 4.0 .net can be installed
4 I have installed then, the slim dx .net, and even the slim dx .sdk
5 then the GMT
6 but the GMT still crash. :shock:
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505