[DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
JohnWordsworth

Re: [WIP] Grimrock Model Tookit

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Grimrock Model Toolkit 0.5.0.2 Released

Just a tiny update which adds the ability to Create an 'Identity Animation' that is a 30 frame long animation where a model remains stationary. However, as the animations in Grimrock are actually not 'empty' for the identity (the animation format stores the local transformation at each frame, instead of just the change to the bone's rest position) so this is essentially coping the rest node positions into an animation. It's been very useful for me to test InvRestMatrix for bones, but I guess it might be useful for someone else that (a) wants to do the same with a different type of import/export script or (b) wants to create a simple animation and then edit it in Xanathar's Animation Editor (I forget now, that editor might already provide this functionality - but I don't think it does!).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

Will I be able to create animations for new monsters with this?

Thx,

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Not quite yet I'm afraid - very close to having a release of Fbx2Grim however - which will be a command line utility that you can use to convert from Fbx to Grimrock's model format. I'll probably make a panel in the GMT that will launch the app for you so that you don't have to faff with the command line.

Oh, and I might add some 'gizmos' to the GMT so that you can make animations in the GMT at some point, but I want to get Fbx->Grim conversion working first.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

I guess I will rig the models in blender and then use your program for the idle, walking, attack, etc animations.

Thx,

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
Starnick

Post by Starnick »

FYI, it appears the Assimp FBX importer is somewhat stable (NOT sure about animations though, seems so at least for Windows from what I've heard). SharpDX is already using it w/ AssimpNet:

http://sharpdx.org/forum/4-general/2535 ... el-loading

You'll have to compile the native Assimp assemblies though from the latest revision off their github repos, since AssimpNet is still running with the last official release binaries.
robotic_douchebag

Post by robotic_douchebag »

Every time I try to download the toolkit, I get an "Error establishing a database connection" screen. Is there any other way I can download the tools?
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Apologies, sometimes my server has a mini fit for some reason and MySQL crashes. Have rebooted so should be okay, otherwise will fix when I get home!
robotic_douchebag

Post by robotic_douchebag »

JohnWordsworth wrote:Apologies, sometimes my server has a mini fit for some reason and MySQL crashes. Have rebooted so should be okay, otherwise will fix when I get home!
Download works, thank you so much! :D
Moutrave

Post by Moutrave »

undeaddemon wrote:
spacecookie wrote:
There is a manual on the website - and it explains that you need to configure the asset pak location and have the materials.lua configured so that the tool understand where to look.
Hey !

Is there any place or topic here where all the other cool functionalities of the GMT are detailed ? Like...all the anim stuff we can do...how the nodes work...? :p
!
ForgottonKing

Post by ForgottonKing »

Hey, I couldnt seem to get animations exported as .3ds to import into the animation asset lib importer. It just doesn't import anything. Anybody know what I an do?