Screen Resolution Cut Off and Triple Image

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
jamie

Re: Screen Resolution Cut Off and Triple Image

Post by jamie »

Tried to read though everything you were writing holy crap you did alot of troubleshooting i commend you for it. I have had the same issue with using 3 HP 32 inch 1920x1080p monitors. As far as the window resolutions cutting off its ether a software glitch in LOG or a issue with the nvidia driver if your setting your screen size with the nvidia control panel.

I have noticed with the nvidia control panel back when i cough actually have a need to run crap under winblows. That changing resolutions under it does not actually change what windows preceves as the correct resolution. eg setting 1920x1080 in nvidia control panel without ever setting it in windows will overscan the screen to whatever windows was actually set to. This is not a program error with the game but a settings error between the nvidia driver and windows compensation manager. (fix use windows to set your display resolution.)

Second thing it can be (as i cant see your nvidia settings.) if you have expand display beyond physical resolution checked. This would explain full screen issues but not window mode resolutions.

Third which is prob the case is check your monters settings and turn off over scan for resoultions lower then what the moniters native resolution is. Or at least reset your monters settings and see if that fixes it. 9 times out of 10 this fixes heaps of mis matched resolution issues in full screen mode. Or try it with do not screen strech to aspect ratio. Looks weird in 4.3 resoultions but 16:9 are ok.

last but not least reset your moniters display settings and your video factory reset settings retest if these do not help its deffently a issue with the game and enable debugging in game and send them a log.

*just a note* 1920x1080 borderless does not actually use the entire 1920x1080 if you have a task bar up to Mac os (linux depending on which desktop manager you have installed to x11) its more 1910x1080 it will cut .5 th of a inch off the bottom of the screen (this happens with whatever your max resolution is.)

settings

Result's

same thing happens in linux also. In all fairness i found this issue in quite a number of apps in linux and windows. Seems to be more a os problem then a specific game problem.
hannamarin

Post by hannamarin »

Same thing happens in standard 1024 x 768 windowed mode.
The whole LOG screen does not show - Title bar has to be raised and this still does not show bottom correctly. Sides - can only get one side visible at a time.

There is a number of other things which need sorting before starting on LOG 2
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

If this is win7, try this:

1. right-click on desktop
2. screen resolution
3. make text and other items larger or smaller
4. if 100% isn't selected, pick it
5. try playing again.

I've found that some apps act strangely if the text zooming is enabled (even though this has nothing to do with text).

If that helped, then you should be able to disable the zooming on a app-by-app basis by finding grimrock.exe, right-clicking, selecting compatibility settings and checking the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checkbox.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..