LoG Release Countdown!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Neil79

Re: LoG Release Countdown!

Post by Neil79 »

It's 11th in 20mins time why can't we play it when it's actually the release date???... What's the point of pre-ordering to get it on the 11th if we have to wait for some other bloody country :roll:
The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! http://www.indieretronews.com/ : Indie Retro on twitter https://twitter.com/Indie_RetroNEWS
Fugu

Post by Fugu »

HeavyMetalMonk wrote:
dbgager wrote:The problem with a digital release is it is a wordwide release. Anybody can download from Steam or GOG at any time, anywhere in the world. A retail copy at a store, can be released at midnight, because it is localized.

If they wait till it is the 11th everywhere in the world. It will actually be the 12th...just on the other side of the International Date Line.
This isn't true at all. You can easily restrict the release for parts of the world that it isn't midnight in, it's not hard.
Yes, Europe knows quite well how easy that is, considering we almost always get games several DAYS after the US release. Also, Steam can not only restrict via timezone, they can even restrict via country. IP-check is really easy and very hard to circumvent as you'd not only need a proxy but also a valid payment method, which is the hardest part.
It's past 2400 and quite frankly I couldn't care less about what time it is somewhere else. The game is finished and ready for distribution and play and I realy don't see the point in delaying the release that far that for some people the release date will not even be accurate anymore.

Steam tells me it's approx 19 hours now. Roughly 2000 CET is not just a bit later, it's the whole day pretty much over.
Next time, say release is on the 12th and have some people be happy about the "early" release instead of having a lot of people bothered.
[insert quote by popular deceased person you read somewhere]
gandalfrockman

Post by gandalfrockman »

Fugu wrote:
HeavyMetalMonk wrote:
dbgager wrote:The problem with a digital release is it is a wordwide release. Anybody can download from Steam or GOG at any time, anywhere in the world. A retail copy at a store, can be released at midnight, because it is localized.

If they wait till it is the 11th everywhere in the world. It will actually be the 12th...just on the other side of the International Date Line.
This isn't true at all. You can easily restrict the release for parts of the world that it isn't midnight in, it's not hard.
Yes, Europe knows quite well how easy that is, considering we almost always get games several DAYS after the US release. Also, Steam can not only restrict via timezone, they can even restrict via country. IP-check is really easy and very hard to circumvent as you'd not only need a proxy but also a valid payment method, which is the hardest part.
It's past 2400 and quite frankly I couldn't care less about what time it is somewhere else. The game is finished and ready for distribution and play and I realy don't see the point in delaying the release that far that for some people the release date will not even be accurate anymore.

Steam tells me it's approx 19 hours now. Roughly 2000 CET is not just a bit later, it's the whole day pretty much over.
Next time, say release is on the 12th and have some people be happy about the "early" release instead of having a lot of people bothered.
This pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly, I dont see why the REST of the world should be forced to wait for steam just because they are too obstinate to work with the developers.
Silverwave

Post by Silverwave »

Is a midnight release even confirmed? If so, midnight in what timezone?
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

It was confirmed to be 17:00 GMT by the guys at GOG.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/pre ... ck/post503
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Silverwave

Post by Silverwave »

Alright! Thanks! :)

It's not midnight but oh well! :)
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Am I understanding correct 17:00 GMT = 12:00 noon CST (or I guess CDT right now) ?

If so, that sucks..will be at work..I hate always having to figure this crap out. Wish games could just release in each region at midnight..
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

NewYears1978 wrote:Am I understanding correct 17:00 GMT = 12:00 noon CST (or I guess CDT right now) ?

If so, that sucks..will be at work..I hate always having to figure this crap out. Wish games could just release in each region at midnight..

That is correct. I'll be getting it at noon as well, but luckily my college decided to have Spring rather late.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Hissssa

Post by Hissssa »

What to do with the last 12 hours.... sigh.
webduck

Post by webduck »

This is going to be big..............

10 hours to go....................... zz zz zz z z zz z zz z z z