Grimrock 2

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
badhabit

Re: Grimrock 2

Post by badhabit »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
badhabit wrote:Also, pit-jumping should have more severe and negative consequences like breaking of limps (feet: less stuff to carry, hands: no weapon usage).
Right now there is no save way to climb down pits like the rope in DM and as long as alchemy healing materials are limited .. not a good idea.
Could en-strengthen the value of alchemy overall, in DM such wounds was also onyl cureable by potions. Also jumping down some unknow pit should have some negative potential consequence not only advantages, like now.
Dr.Disaster wrote:
badhabit wrote:On the rune menu and spell casting, I would be fine with an enhanced & faster accessability like putting the 9 runes on the the 9 num keys, more automation would be hand-holding and balance breaking.
Sounds nice on first thought but how to handle parties with more then one caster?
Well, maybe like the tabbed DM system : with the 4 keys above (numlock,/,*,-) you switch between the 4 prisoners. Should be pretty efficiant even in 4 mage party.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

badhabit wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
badhabit wrote:Also, pit-jumping should have more severe and negative consequences like breaking of limps (feet: less stuff to carry, hands: no weapon usage).
Right now there is no save way to climb down pits like the rope in DM and as long as alchemy healing materials are limited .. not a good idea.
Could en-strengthen the value of alchemy overall, in DM such wounds was also onyl cureable by potions. Also jumping down some unknow pit should have some negative potential consequence not only advantages, like now.
The resource for all potions in DM is mana. An empty flask and 5 measly points of virtually infinite mana is all what's needed to create unlimited(!) amounts of healing potions. By the point jumping pits caused wounds each character had at least one pre-made healing potion ready so those wounds were absolutly nothing to worry about. The exploring routine was "jump pit -> check for wounds -> drink and remake if needed -> go on". This routine became boring very fast and that's all about it.

About consequences: that's a matter level designers have to take care off, not game mechanic.
Me thinks this was already the subject of another thread here.
badhabit wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
badhabit wrote:On the rune menu and spell casting, I would be fine with an enhanced & faster accessability like putting the 9 runes on the the 9 num keys, more automation would be hand-holding and balance breaking.
Sounds nice on first thought but how to handle parties with more then one caster?
Well, maybe like the tabbed DM system : with the 4 keys above (numlock,/,*,-) you switch between the 4 prisoners. Should be pretty efficiant even in 4 mage party.
And this could not be done with/by the 1 to 4 keys above WASD, because .. ? The point is: it's impossible to key into multiple caster interfaces at the same time. No matter how much hotkeys are added under these circumstances a mouse user will always have the advantage.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I wonder if the new Forest Ogre is a hint at a forest tileset?
SenSx

Post by SenSx »

Great news!

There is only one think I hope will be improved: the challenge!
I found the game pretty easy, especially once your each a certain level.
Finding ressources to feed your party members is a good idea, but with food every where it did not make sense...
I hope we will get an Hardcore mode, difficult mode was just not enough for me.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

To fix the square dance and make battles more interesting, I think special abilities on enemies would work

Sweep attack on warden or ogre: hits all 3 squares ahead of the monster
All round attack for skeleton patrol: 4 skeletons,turn so there's one facing each direction, so the party can't just attack from the side or back
maybe some heavy attacks or shock waves, hitting multiple squares in a line
Whirlwind attacks: hit all around
Maybe some support monsters that buff and heal, have to clear them out first

Anything else?
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

LocalFire wrote:maybe some heavy attacks or shock waves, hitting multiple squares in a line
Goromorgs use the Ice Shards spell which does exactly this.
LocalFire wrote:Maybe some support monsters that buff and heal, have to clear them out first
Hmm .. some kind of minion; weak by themselfs, only there to boost others.
LocalFire wrote:Anything else?
Anything worth saying about diagonal attacks and how to really beef combat - if desired - can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3454&p=41650&hilit=diagonal#p41650

For example those custom-made leapfrog lizards found in The CHAOS Key mod - some mistake them for dragons :D - are pretty dangerous. Head on melee is pretty much suicide and they turn and leapfrog pretty quick too.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Oh man the new screenshot is BOOOOOOOTIIIFOOOOL!!! Guess I was right in my suspicions that the forest ogre might mean outdoor environments! He's even guarding the bridge.

http://www.grimrock.net/2013/03/26/the- ... creenshot/

:o
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

wow! I think this gives the answer about forest tileset and ogre :) :)

It is really fantastic!
eispfogel

Post by eispfogel »

It is just 1 Screenshot but man...iam blown away. That looks sooo gorgeous i want to explore that forrest right about now.
Wow! It is hard to say that but...please AH take your time and make Grimrock 2 as polished as LoG. Iam sure that this game will surpass the 600.000 sales that LoG had.

That Ogre is guarding that VERY stable looking bridge..hmmm. I hope he is friendly and just asks for stuff so that we can pass him. He could easily throw our party down that chasm.
Hmm use knife with ropes - that does not work... Lure Ogre across the bridge and freeze him - then cut the ropes - TADAAAA! *bridgefallsdown* But...how can we cross that bridge now....should have invested that experience points in intelligence huh?
Last edited by eispfogel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
w00tasaurus

Post by w00tasaurus »

New screenshot is awesome. I would love to see some snowy environments, perhaps further up in the mountains.

I think new race(s) are mandatory. I would also like at least one new class, or perhaps prestige class options added for the core 3 classes.

Example: Fighter -- at certain level, choose Berserker, Defender, Paladin
Mage -- choose from Necromancer, Healer, Elementalist
Rogue -- Assassin, Monk, Archer, whatever