Grimrock 2

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
antti

Re: Grimrock 2

Post by antti »

Billick wrote:Who's excited? I'm excited!
Me!
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
OmegaProxima

Post by OmegaProxima »

:D perfect news, LoG was one of my 3 favorite games of 2012. Even so there are plenty of things to improve, like: NPCs, dialogue, maybe some cinematics and maybe a tad more lenght than the first... I also hope it doesnt take too long to finish LoG 2, Ill even try to forget of it so that I dont torture myself thinking of it :P
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

OMG You AH guys have just made my day. ;)
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Radar6590

Post by Radar6590 »

I'm excited, too!

I think it's interesting that there were so many features to add that it became too big for an expansion. I wonder what they are?

NPCs would be cool, but I feel like some of the sense of foreboding that made Grimrock so successful might be lost. Maybe not, but somehow it was exhilarating to fight your way through many obstacles and overcoming puzzles by yourself. You have your party but you are looking from the first person perspective, and they're just a medium through which you interact with the world. It's similar to the original Doom. Meeting a fellow marine would have ruined the element of "lone survivor" from the game. This may have been for technical reasons as well, but you have to admit that it wouldn't have been the same game if reinforcements dropped in like Halo-style marines. And would it feel the same if you met NPCs to join our party and you left others behind like in Baldur's gate? Or would we start as one person
SpoilerShow
(Toorum style)
and gain our other members. All I'm saying is that if we see NPCs, I hope (and trust) that the Devs will handle it delicately and don't change the tone of the games too abruptly. :)

I also wonder what kind of interface or graphical improvements we'll see. How will combat work? Will we see ways that the monsters counter the player's intuitive skill at moving around a 4x4 square to defeat basically any single monster? I'm not offering that as a criticism but just as an intrigue to see if the player will be further challenged. Will we now see the weapon physically strike our enemies? When we look at our inventory screen is there a 3D model representing our character? Does this replace our portrait or does it have a general feel and portraits will still be customizable as they are now? Or maybe not. Maybe we will be left to imagine the heroic physique of our characters. Maybe this is for the best, to dwell on the environment around you and not oneself.

The puzzles and secrets were, of course, insane and top notch. I can only dream of what we'll see next (and probably not even then.)

New items and monsters will be sweet, of course. And I'm hoping we see another dungeon editor? I love the one we have currently. :)

All I can really say is that if Grimrock sticks to its guns and strong dungeon crawler fundamentals, it'll be a great game. I can't wait.
Check out my painted portraits here! Thanks for viewing. :)
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

+1 exited! Yes!

This is great news!

Im really happy u guys @ AH just set ur minds about this new project. I think that seeing everything that has been done (and is ongoing) by all the existing community and all the amazing mods that have been developped already with the current tools hit your mind about what can still be done with a new project in terms of innovations and new challenges with new tools & engines & all...

Im really happy with ur attitude sticking to what u like and bringing fun and outstanding game to the ones that enjoy what u have been doing, do and will do.

Take care AH and thanks for your going back to work !!!! (Not meaning that u hv been lazy lately)
:):):):):)

Jean-Marie
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

I am at the same time happy, excited, lost, and confused.
I am filled with wonder.
I am filled with fascination.
I wonder. Will it change things? Upgrade and roll in new ideas?
Or will it be like Eye of the Beholder 2? Pretty much the same, relying on being a good idea already.

We know some changes are coming. But how big? How many?
How many do we want?
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I was fortunate last year. I only heard of Grimrock when it was close to release.
Now I have to sit on the edge of my seat, eagerly eating up dev updates as I'm sure many of you did.

There's a lot of talent in the Almost Human guys, and I'm looking forward to the next installment with great enthusiasm.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

YES!

very good news, as always with Almost Human team. You made a hard and solid fanbase guys! :twisted:

speaking for myself, I wonder if our mods can be used in this new game...

I'm very impatient now... VERY! :mrgreen:
Last edited by pulpum on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ad&d / ff / d&d
Esenthel

Post by Esenthel »

Just read the news about your next game, that's so cool!

One of my my most fav dungeon crawler is both Dungeon Master + Dungeon Master 2.

It'd be really awesome if you'd make the same step as they did going from 1 to 2, meaning:
-add some open areas (not only inside dungeons)
-add neutral characters (like merchants, or new idea: simple creatures that can give you a quest)

Looking forward to your game!
theruler

Post by theruler »

we’d like to be able to talk openly and honestly about the cool things happening here at the office, just like we did when we were working on Legend of Grimrock.
Yes, please.
There is a bunch of people around here that is in desperately need of this.

Have you received my money for Grimrock 2? I threw them at my monitor but nothing happened.