[Linux] Would grimrock work on my PC?

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
cezi

Re: [Linux] Would grimrock work on my PC?

Post by cezi »

jamie wrote: Pixel shading refers to a feature of the card. Open GL and Direct X are rendering platforms. Windows Uses MS propitiatory Direct X rendering platform where Open GL is ran on everything else. As far as Shading goes. Both support Pixel shading but in different languages Direct X object oriented rendering Open gl C level language. Your card would still have to support The function it called in Direct X language or OGL language. If the card does not support it it wont run regardless of which render platform you are using.
My card is Mobility Radeon 9800 with 256MB Ram. I have Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop with Windows XP OS.

Here are he features of the card - whatever they mean:
http://www.ati.com/products/mobilityrad ... tures.html

Best regards,

Cezi
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

cezi wrote:My card is Mobility Radeon 9800 with 256MB Ram.
It supports only Shader 2.0, OpenGL 2.0 and DirectX 9.0b.

LoG requires Shader 3.0 for high-res rendering, period. Your card can't deliver that. Now i recall LoG 1.3.7's low-res rendering mode does not require OpenGL 2.1 anymore for Windows, running DirectX mode now. This may be the only way your old laptop can run LoG.
cezi

Post by cezi »

Unfortunately Legend of Grimrock doesn't work under Windows with my graphics card. Do you think it might work under Linux. BTW I've just noticed [Linux] in the title of this thread. I preordered Grimrock almost a year ago and I can't play it. Changing laptop is not an option in my case right now:((

Cezi
jamie

Post by jamie »

cezi wrote:Unfortunately Legend of Grimrock doesn't work under Windows with my graphics card. Do you think it might work under Linux. BTW I've just noticed [Linux] in the title of this thread. I preordered Grimrock almost a year ago and I can't play it. Changing laptop is not an option in my case right now:((

Cezi

it actually might work with linux. Don't quote me on that seems the open source radion drivers come with open gl 3.3 and 4.1 respectively (granted your card wont support all features.) You could try it worst that will hapen is it wont work.