Steam Now On Linux, How About Grimrock?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Rainbow Dash

Steam Now On Linux, How About Grimrock?

Post by Rainbow Dash »

Now that Steam is available on Linux, do you think that the guys working on Legend of Grimrock will be making this game available on Linux through Steam, or do you think they will be making it available only through the Ubuntu Software Center?
Fri13

Re: Steam Now On Linux, How About Grimrock?

Post by Fri13 »

I will drop my support from developers if they don't release Linux version trough steam as well.
As it is "!¤%!"# thing to do for customer and fan if they do force use specific Linux distribution when Steam works on others as well by making special deals with Canonical what anyways has #!"#¤% the Linux community enough.

The only rightful thing to do is to release Linux game trough Steam and then trough GoG and Humble bundle.
Especially trough steam because those who bought Windows version should already get the Linux version as that way same time they help Linux community to gain more players by supporting as well those who are slaved to use Windows and use Steam.
FreeBooteR69

Post by FreeBooteR69 »

I bought it again for Steam (even though i have the GOG version) when it was on sale for 5 bucks, hoping that it would automagically show the linux client like other games have been doing. I don't mind if the linux version has a few rough edges, just as long as they keep polishing it.
Archlinux FTW!
int19

Post by int19 »

I too would like to voice my support of this. I purchased the game thru Steam thinking I would be able to play it on my Linux desktop. It was a very big disappointment to learn that this is not true, and I refuse to purchase a second copy just so that I can play it there.
hefa

Post by hefa »

Hi,

Steam for linux was officially released 3 days ago. I already have Grimrock on steam when I use it from windows. I am hoping to see Grimrock available on linux steam too soonish. :)
lanxu

Post by lanxu »

I vote for this too! It'd very nice to play the game from my Steam Library on Linux!
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

I'm fairly certain that if it was that simple, AH would have already published Grimrock on Steam - they know people want it, and they have nothing against Steam (or money), so they probably have some other reason it's not there yet.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
thomson

Post by thomson »

+1 as person interested in Linux on Steam.

But I definitely do not 'demand' anything from devs. Games on Steam are clearly marked which OSes they support. Linux is not one of them. Almost Human is currently 5 guys, but the coding is mostly done by 2 of them, while the rest working mostly on graphical side of the business. Their time is limited and they have huge list of various requests. They happen to very creative, so they may have an idea or two on their own as well ;-) While getting Steam on Linux would be nice, there are requests that are of higher priority, and will provide better results.

Like it or not, but steam support is just usability improvement. You can install custom mods, subscribe and comment on them without Steam support, just it is slightly less convenient. I very much prefer devs would spend their time on fixing bugs, enhancing API to do new things, so modders could get even more creative or simply continue their work on LoG2.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
FreeBooteR69

Post by FreeBooteR69 »

Sol_HSA wrote:I'm fairly certain that if it was that simple, AH would have already published Grimrock on Steam - they know people want it, and they have nothing against Steam (or money), so they probably have some other reason it's not there yet.
Grimrock is on Steam. All they need do is add the linux version.
Archlinux FTW!
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

FreeBooteR69 wrote:
Sol_HSA wrote:I'm fairly certain that if it was that simple, AH would have already published Grimrock on Steam - they know people want it, and they have nothing against Steam (or money), so they probably have some other reason it's not there yet.
Grimrock is on Steam. All they need do is add the linux version.
I repeat: if it was that simple, they would have already done it.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..