Change character class

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Phreeze

Change character class

Post by Phreeze »

Hi,
after creating my party, i now have a problem:
my Setup is:
-fighter fighter mage rogue

Problem: i didn't know, that the 2nd row guys can't reach with melee weapons. i have now 1 melee that has to go with spears. specialabilites are swords, maces, an daggers. so no trowing weapons at all :(

is there a method or cheat so i can switch them ? like editing attributes or so ? I'm not motivated to start over again :-/
eLPuSHeR

Re: Change character class

Post by eLPuSHeR »

You don't need to cheat.

Rogue has an ability called "reach attack" to reach from the second row. Also you can drag the portraits to move chars back and forth from the front to the rear and viceversa. You could also equip a spear to the chars at the rear.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Phreeze

Post by Phreeze »

that's what i did, i got the fighter a spear (athletics skillpoints set,armor, axes) and 2nd row. My rogue has 4assassination 4 daggers 3 doge skillpoints and is in first row atm.

But thx for the tip, I'm seeing that at lvl 12 assassination, he gains the reach ! :idea: 8-)
Komag

Post by Komag »

you can just use throwing weapons for a while till you get reach, or swap them fast while fighting (some people play four fighters like that)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
FlashSoul

Post by FlashSoul »

And to swap them, just drag and drop the little character portraits around in the lower right corner.