No pre-order from Steam?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Qoojo

No pre-order from Steam?

Post by Qoojo »

So I have been patiently waiting for steam to offer the 20% off pre-order deal, and it appears that it will not be happening. I would like a steam key, which leaves gog out, and I am leery of ordering from unknown sites. So any chance of that pre-order deal happening on steam?
Crashbanito

Re: No pre-order from Steam?

Post by Crashbanito »

In less than 24 hours till release? Not likely. You do have multiple payment options when purchasing through Almost Human.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Zander

Post by Zander »

The transaction is handled through the Humble store, as in Humble Indie Bundle. Once purchased you get the steam key through a humble link e-mailed to you.

If you can't trust the Humble people, I'd say there is no one left to trust. That and just use paypal.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

Qoojo wrote:So I have been patiently waiting for steam to offer the 20% off pre-order deal, and it appears that it will not be happening. I would like a steam key, which leaves gog out, and I am leery of ordering from unknown sites. So any chance of that pre-order deal happening on steam?
What's the objection to ordering directly from AH? You get a Steam key (which is what you seem to want) and the standalone installer (which is what gog is offering). Best of both worlds and you have multiple payment choices to select.
Qoojo

Post by Qoojo »

I am googling the google payment option now. It's new to me, and I might be one of the few people that doesn't use paypal :)
Qoojo

Post by Qoojo »

Kthanid wrote:
Qoojo wrote:So I have been patiently waiting for steam to offer the 20% off pre-order deal, and it appears that it will not be happening. I would like a steam key, which leaves gog out, and I am leery of ordering from unknown sites. So any chance of that pre-order deal happening on steam?
What's the objection to ordering directly from AH? You get a Steam key (which is what you seem to want) and the standalone installer (which is what gog is offering). Best of both worlds and you have multiple payment choices to select.
I wasn't sure if they were foreign or not. Whenever I order via a foreign site like gog or gmg, my CC company flags the purchase as fraudulent and I have to call them to say that yes, I did order that. It's a little tiring to be honest.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

Qoojo wrote:I am googling the google payment option now. It's new to me, and I might be one of the few people that doesn't use paypal :)
I'm pretty sure PayPal supports direct 1-time credit card payments rather than needing an account (I could be wrong, but I thought that was the case).
Qoojo

Post by Qoojo »

I went with google payment. Already got the steam key, and entered the code. After seeing TotalBiscuit's preview of the game, it brought back so many memories of games of old that I had to get it. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

Good to hear. Hope you enjoy it.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog