Party composition on hard mode

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Infiltrator

Party composition on hard mode

Post by Infiltrator »

So i was thinking about starting the game on hard with this compoaition in mind and I had some questions. Feel free to correct me:

1.lizardman rogue, full dodge and unarmed (what first, to what level?). Skilled, evasive, lurker set. All stats into dex and vit? Or dex and str?

2. Minotaur warrior,full armor (until heavy) and swords. Headhunter,skilled, stats in vit and str (maybe willpower at first to negate defect)?

3. human reach rogue, assassination (to reach) and daggers max after that. Skilled ,(what to put in 2nd trait here?).. Max str and dex,hope to not get flanked?

4. Insectoid mage, frost and spellcraft, freezes stuff for backstabber. Skilled,strong mind. Willpower and vit maxed?

Keep in mind that this is on hard mode.. Thanks!
Dr.Disaster

Re: Party composition on hard mode

Post by Dr.Disaster »

I'd go with
Infiltrator wrote:1.lizardman rogue, full dodge and unarmed (what first, to what level?). Skilled, evasive, lurker set. All stats into dex and vit? Or dex and str?
max Vit, rest in Dex for good Evasion boost (starts out with 17)
"Fist Fighter" + "Skilled"
4 in Unarmed aiming for "Faster then Lightning" (30)
2 in Dodge aiming for "Improved Stealth" (24)
Infiltrator wrote:2. Minotaur warrior,full armor (until heavy) and swords. Headhunter,skilled, stats in vit and str (maybe willpower at first to negate defect)?
max Vit, rest in Dex to offset Accuracy and Evasion malus
"Headhunter" + "Skilled"
2 in Armor aiming for "Heavy Armor" (16)
2 in Sword aiming for max
Infiltrator wrote:3. human reach rogue, assassination (to reach) and daggers max after that. Skilled ,(what to put in 2nd trait here?).. Max str and dex,hope to not get flanked?
max Vit, rest to Str
"Aggressive" + "Skilled"
6 in Assassination aiming for "Reach Attack" (12)
1 in Daggers aiming for max
Infiltrator wrote:4. Insectoid mage, frost and spellcraft, freezes stuff for backstabber. Skilled,strong mind. Willpower and vit maxed?
max Willpower, rest Vit
"Skilled" + "Strong Mind"
4 in Ice Magic aiming for Improved Frostbolt (24)
2 in Spellcraft aiming for Improved Combat Caster (18)
Infiltrator

Post by Infiltrator »

Hey thanks a lot for your input, appreciate it.
mischa309

Post by mischa309 »

Hi, i had some bad events with front line chars depending only on dodge... maybe bad luck but for now i prefer a mix of protection and dodge with focus on protection.
Anything else regarding your setup has been said above. Have fun and pls report back how well your team performs.

I play a Human only Party with 2 Warriors and 2 Mages in hard mode.

1st Warrior with Sword/Shield and heavy armor
2nd Warrior with Mace/Shield and light armor (maybe heavy when i find more heavy items)
1st Mage (Fire, Arcane, some Earth)
2nd Mage (Ice, Acrane some Air)
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

If enough gear one of the most efficient party is the four rogues. Really funny to play even if tough at the start but on the long term its really powerful as most of ur enemies dies before hitting ur party.
Theres is a post detailing everything on the forum...

As said ice magic is so powerful as u can freeze the mob and kill him before it even starts fighting...
I agree wiz spellcraft but if enough skill points then back up with air magic as ice lizard does not fear cold.... :)