Two doors on the same location - glitch.

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Balthasar

Two doors on the same location - glitch.

Post by Balthasar »

I have an iron door and a portcullis, both on the exact same location. They both start closed. If I open one door, I can move through the doorway, even though the other door still appears to be closed.
Komag

Re: Two doors on the same location - glitch.

Post by Komag »

I think you've discovered a new bug! :D You could maybe hack the situation by spawning in an invisible blockage object into the next square and delete it when the second door opens
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I am not able to recreate this bug.
I set up my wall button to open one door and the other remains closed. If I press the Z key to open, all doors are opened in front of me.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Komag

Post by Komag »

The problem happens if you open the portcullis and leave the iron door shut then you are able to walk straight through the door.

Not sure if this is really a problem though, because you wouldn't want to put these two doors in the same spot anyway because the frames overlap for some nasty flickering/z-fighting issues. (Although if you cloned a door and changed the doorFrameModel I guess that would be a different story). If you want to have them, just make the iron door open first and it can work that way :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

I discovered this while building my CFD entry, except for me, it happens to a dungeon_wall_grating! not even a door :shock: . In my head I picture a hit box climbing with the door open animation and just carries the hitboxes of other wall objects on same square. I actually kept this bug in as part of a secret :lol:
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
HaunterV

Post by HaunterV »

msyblade wrote:I discovered this while building my CFD entry, except for me, it happens to a dungeon_wall_grating! not even a door :shock: . In my head I picture a hit box climbing with the door open animation and just carries the hitboxes of other wall objects on same square. I actually kept this bug in as part of a secret :lol:
I encountered this with my ORRR entry. it was enfuriating as I had to totally change how i wanted to do things. You can't have 2 door class objects on one spot. Like Mysblade stated, the hitbox climbs and all other doors on the spot .

What I think you can do is make a logical door, and make all the other doors as purely visual doors. and have it so if both doors rais then the logical door raises and the player can continue.
Grimrock Community 'FrankenDungeon 2012. Submit your entry now!: http://tinyurl.com/cnupr7h
SUBMIT YOUR ASSETS! Community Asset Pack (C.A.P.): http://tinyurl.com/bqvykrp
Behold! The HeroQuest Revival!: http://tinyurl.com/cu52ksc
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

If it doesn't do it for a portcullis and just a wall grating, then I suppose the problem is limited to secret doors?
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Balthasar

Post by Balthasar »

I made an invisible door and placed it on an adjacent square as a 'fix'. My script checks on the status of my doubled-up doors and opens the invisible door when appropriate.

Example:

Two adjacent squares, [A]. The doubled up doors are on [A] facing -->, and the invisible door is on facing <--