noob modder

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
curseddolls

noob modder

Post by curseddolls »

I love this game when playing the normal mode so was thinking to try create my own just for the fun.
I have just found one tiny problem but that is very frustrating, i have tried my luck in googeling the solution but to no success.

Okay here's the deal.. I want to be able to create a wall where there is none.
Basically i want to make a secret room that is at least two squares with a secret opening to it.
The only solution i have found yet is to have a grating wall but then its not a secret room.
Every "wall" i find in the list is not able to be put in an "empty" area.

So on one square i have my secret door that works perfectly and on the other square i have nothing since i cant find a way to just draw a wall line.
Is there any help for this?

Much appreciated for fast and good answers.

/Cursed
Balthasar

Re: noob modder

Post by Balthasar »

Perhaps another secret door (that never opens and basically acts like a wall) and manually placed pillars?
mahric

Post by mahric »

Or, if you want to have a fake wall where you want to be able to walk through, check out this thread.
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?
Saurbaum

Post by Saurbaum »

Balthasar wrote:Perhaps another secret door (that never opens and basically acts like a wall) and manually placed pillars?
This is exactly how I did the same thing. 4 secret doors and 4 pillars but then only hookup one secret door to the trigger event.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

As has been mentioned, if u use a secret door as a flat wall, you must use pillars on the ends/corners to plug "holes" in the wallset.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Komag

Post by Komag »

be careful not to put pillars next to a real wall that already has pillars though, only between two secret doors
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play