Crude Grimrock Elevator

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Balthasar

Crude Grimrock Elevator

Post by Balthasar »

I made a crude elevator for Grimrock. It looks a tad odd since I am spawning and destroying an iron door on top of the portcullis. You can't hear it in the youtube video, but it plays a long "wall_sliding" sound as the elevator is 'moving'. Works in both directions. Currently the lever only chooses between the two destinations.

I'm sure someone talented could make a version with multiple buttons so the player could choose from a few different floors. Has anyone made modified wall_buttons that sit at different positions on the wall?

I might try to make a copy of the iron door with only the door's moving parts. That would make it look nicer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvjT1gaJ ... e=youtu.be
Komag

Re: Crude Grimrock Elevator

Post by Komag »

there is a big elevator script around here somewhere, might want to check it out and compare :) (I think it's near the end of the script repository, perhaps not yet indexed)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Balthasar

Re: Crude Grimrock Elevator

Post by Balthasar »

I found what you are talking about. Looks like that one has a ton of features implemented. Sweetness.