Wasteland 2 (Kickstarter funded)

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
Codpiece of Doom

Re: Wasteland 2 (Kickstarter funded)

Post by Codpiece of Doom »

Superb piece of concept art has been posted!

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.c ... 06_AW1.jpg
"There are some who call me 'Tim' ?"
"...greetings, Tim the Enchanter."
Lokik

Post by Lokik »

I'm rather poor, so this Kickstarter thing is not so good for my wallet. :lol: Still, I had to support Double Fine Adventure and Wasteland 2. I was too young to play Wasteland, but played Fallout 1 and 2 a lot, and still enjoy them from time to time, especially with the resolution and restoration patches.

Very excited about Wasteland 2. Really hoping it gives the fans of Wasteland and Fallout what they want, and sells well. Fallout 3 was so disappointing as a post-apocalyptic RPG. New Vegas was better for obvious reasons, but still restricted by Bethesda's shitty game engine. With Wasteland 2 and Age of Decadence, things are looking good for fans of real post-apocalyptic RPGs.
Codpiece of Doom

Likewise for me regarding lack of funds, but im confident it will be money worth investing! You are certainly right though, after the bitter disappointment of fallout 3 (Van Buren) being cancelled, it feels like things are being rectified in some way with wasteland 2. To be honest i did quite enjoy Bethesda's, Fallout 3 and im currently playing through New Vegas, but i personally feel fallout works best in the isometric viewpoint and turn based gameplay. Part of me wishes Van Buren was resurrected and completed as was intended, i guess we will never know now with Bethesda owning the IP, but the news of wasteland 2 really pleases me. Oh yeah checked out of age of decadence seems intriguing! 8-)
Lokik

Post by Lokik »

Yeah, Age of Decadence is rather interesting, tried the demo and the setting and story are rather unique. The RPG elements seem very deep with loads of different options depending on your skills, and the combat is rather difficult. I still haven't been able to complete my playthrough as an assassin because one of the battles is too tough. :( Oh yeah, it seems someone actually started a thread about it.

I did enjoy Bethesda's Fallout 3 for what it is, but my disappointment mainly came from the plot, weak characters, bad dialogue and voice acting. Also there was too much unavoidable combat, and how the hell did Harold end up in the east coast? Also the inclusion of the Enclave as the main enemy was a bit strange and lazy in my opinion. They were handled a lot better in New Vegas, plus they got their much cooler original power armor back.

Nice to see that Chris Avellone will be joining the dev team for Wasteland 2. :)
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

You know this looks good, (and I've backed it) but for me, the Shadowrun Kickstarter is far more exciting! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Codpiece of Doom

Ok, so its looking like they are going to break $3 million threshold and with 3 hours remaining if anyone is on the fence there is still time left to donate 8-)
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

they have broke the 3 mill goal, which is awesome, including paypal, so they have done it