You must be joking

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
PSY

You must be joking

Post by PSY »

So...

yesterday I was surfing the German BlitzBasic forum when I bumped into a topic about a game which can be downloaded for free on gog.com. Until then, I'd never heard of gog.com before. So I gave it a shot and hit the site.

While I was scanning the site for the game, Legend of Grimrock caught my eye somehow. I clicked on the link and regained consciousness after 2 hours or so :lol:
I still can't believe it. This is so f****** outstanding. I used to play Dungeon Master A LOT. I even possess an Amiga Mag of '89 where Dungeon Master was tested.

From time to time, I play a free Dungoen Master Clone for the PC (featuring the original levels ofc). Some years ago, I learned about a game called 'Escape from Dragon Mountain'. Unfortunately, it seemed to have been put on ice or abandoned. At least that's what I thought. Man, I was so wrong :shock:

Not only have I learned that some or all of the dudes of the EfDM team are still in business...NO. They have been working on a remake ever since, and it's gonna be released in less than a week's time.

I preordered as fast as I could. Can't wait to launch Steam and start the download :D Still don't get it how I could fail to notice that such an awesome remake has been in development. /selfbonk

Awesome work guys. Way to go!!! Not only did you make my day, but extended my life for at least 10 years. Thanks a million :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
PSY
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Jack Dandy

Re: You must be joking

Post by Jack Dandy »

Glad to have another fan aboard. :)

Welcome to the forums bro!
Lokik

Post by Lokik »

Nice to see people being so excited about this game and all the good reviews it's been getting.

Oh, and hi everyone! Been stalking these forums for a while now and finally decided to join. I didn't get to play games like this that much as a child (I remember playing PC games like Red Baron, Ecstatica and Discworld a lot), but I love role playing games and LoG has me very excited.

Time to finally make my pre-order. 8-)
petri

Post by petri »

Welcome aboard, PSY and Lokik! :D
Ilktye

Post by Ilktye »

Well, that's my story also. Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back (which was even better) are my all time favorite Amiga games. I remember begging my parents to buy me the extra 512 kilobytes of RAM for Amiga so I could play DM, as it needed the vast amount of 1 MEGABYTE to run :D

LoG looks REALLY good, and I hope this game sells well, I preordered already myself.
Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne »

The Grimrock guys are the same guys from Escape from Dragon Mountain project?
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Yeah! Check out the OP's name in this thread:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 19&t=21366

Pretty cool to see how far this project got in a decade. :)
Lex

Post by Lex »

custom Legend of Grimrock printable DVD box insert and disc label: link
PSY

Post by PSY »

Thanks for the welcome :!:
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

You have to agree PSY, it was very clever of us, how we tricked you into finding the link that eventually lead you here. We are a cunning lot here at Grimrock towers. ;)
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock