[Help] Demon head blob shot activator?

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
DrMadolite

[Help] Demon head blob shot activator?

Post by DrMadolite »

How do I setup a Demon Head to shoot a white blob at a receptacle to make it do some action, whenever an event activates the Demonhead? My plan is to have 3 pressure plates be pressed within a time period, which in turn causes the demonhead to shoot the projectile and the receptacle to open a door onHit (as well as count down a timer so that you need to hurry to the door.

Thanks in advance.
The torch is your friend.
Neikun

Re: [Help] Demon head blob shot activator?

Post by Neikun »

I'm sure you mean spawner and receptor.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

Neikun is right the daemonhead is just for looks. you'll need a spawner in the same space as the deamonhead set to spawn 'blob's.. and a receptor that is also set to activate by 'blob's
Komag

Post by Komag »

One of my videos shows you the basics of the blob shooter and receptor. If you want to have to step on three plates before a timer runs out that will be a little more tricky, but basically you would make it so stepping on the first one would start a timer and when the timer runs out, whatever you set up to detect all three plates being pressed would get reset if only 1 or 2 were pressed. There are a number of ways to detect if each of three plates was pressed (and not just one of them 3 times), such as setting flags or adjusting whether the party can activate them, etc, but all will involve some scripting
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
spa451

Post by spa451 »

pt3: Spawner Hidden Plate Spectral Relay Blob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY71wtao ... ure=relmfu
DrMadolite

Post by DrMadolite »

Ok thanks guys, I will definitely watch Komag's series. And I already got an idea for the pressure plates.

Cheers.

--------------------
Edit: Oh man, that video series just made me double-time my own project haha :D
DrMadolite

Post by DrMadolite »

Btw, is there a way to make a pressure plate stay pressed (activated) until it's specifically deactivated? I've tried this with or without "Activated Once", but I can't seem to figure it out.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I can't remember the effect of messing with PressurePlate:setActivateOnce(true/false).

You could always use "activate once" plates and then when you want to reset them just destroy them and spawn new ones!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

U can set a second "connector" on your plate, to trigger on deactivate, (When weight is taken off the pad). Or You could use a separate plate just set for items, and use a timed teleporter to put an object on it (activate), then off of it (deactivate) whenever you like.(Or that same timer could just handle whatever you're plate is connecting to).
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades