[Source] Flooded Dungeon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Diarmuid

Re: [Source] Flooded Dungeon

Post by Diarmuid »

That's amazing!!! Thank you so much...
flatline

Post by flatline »

Just used the water texture on other things such as a transparent Slime. Looks good. Tried to make my own but GIMP is never going to let me get stuff right, it seems (If anyone can tell me why my Slime goes all white instead of transparent, I'd be happy).
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

flatline wrote:Just used the water texture on other things such as a transparent Slime. Looks good. Tried to make my own but GIMP is never going to let me get stuff right, it seems (If anyone can tell me why my Slime goes all white instead of transparent, I'd be happy).
Did you define alphaTest = true,
?
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

This is amazing, the water looks kinda weird. But just making water is pretty awesome.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
spa451

Post by spa451 »

Water, outside environment, multi wall texture inside a level (your tunels), breakable walls...
Thx for the share of "Legend of Grimrock 2" Alpha !
flatline

Post by flatline »

Neikun wrote:
flatline wrote:Just used the water texture on other things such as a transparent Slime. Looks good. Tried to make my own but GIMP is never going to let me get stuff right, it seems (If anyone can tell me why my Slime goes all white instead of transparent, I'd be happy).
Did you define alphaTest = true,
?
Yup.. must've used the wrong settings in gimp.
Komag

Post by Komag »

spa451 wrote:Water, outside environment, multi wall texture inside a level (your tunels), breakable walls...
Thx for the share of "Legend of Grimrock 2" Alpha !
Ha ha, so true! :lol: :D
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
crisman

Post by crisman »

Just tried it, and I'm really impressed :O
Amazing work!
LordYig

Post by LordYig »

Skuggasveinn wrote:
flatline wrote:Can any kind of shader be applied to the water surface? (Distorting the view of the floor)
Shaders seem to be hardcoded with materials, some materials (like the healing crystal) will have shaders no matter what you apply it on, but we don't seem to have the ability to sign shaders to our own materials :( (in the very least, I haven't figured it out)
Skuggasveinn.
Maybe by trying to add an animated texture as a particleSystem (like the flames of the torch) we could add a better effect to the water model...
It look nice with 8 to 16 frames in an animation loop...

I also wonder what kind of effect would better to represent a totally underwater level like the one available in Black Crypt for example.
If it was possible, we could add a water screen effect while in this kind of level or a particle effect of some kind
We could handle the need to breath with a script forcing the player to find a magical item to be able to breath underwater.
Or we could create a spell dedicated to this purpose or even both...
HaunterV

Post by HaunterV »

this is without a doubt the cooles thing I've seen yet. No offense intended to everyone out there but... destructible wall!
Grimrock Community 'FrankenDungeon 2012. Submit your entry now!: http://tinyurl.com/cnupr7h
SUBMIT YOUR ASSETS! Community Asset Pack (C.A.P.): http://tinyurl.com/bqvykrp
Behold! The HeroQuest Revival!: http://tinyurl.com/cu52ksc