Dismantler vs Sword of Nex

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mcolton

Dismantler vs Sword of Nex

Post by mcolton »

Just wondering why the Dismantler is rated higher than the Sword of Nex.
Dismantler Sword of Nex
power 27 24
speed 12 13
accuracy +10

Dismantler need 2 higher levels of sword to use
Komag

Re: Dismantler vs Sword of Nex

Post by Komag »

cause the dismantler also casts shock spell often
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
mcolton

Post by mcolton »

how does one know that. it doesn't say anything about shock spell
Komag

Post by Komag »

Cause you just try it for a while, experiment! In the old days you had to experiment with everything - how the heck would the adventurers know the powers of something without trying? ;)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Thrasher

Post by Thrasher »

It doesn't seem like the lightning damage is very big, not like the lightning rod, which can deliver 100 points of damage.
steyrhahn

Post by steyrhahn »

I'm thinking ahead to my next game,and expect to have 2 human fighter swordsmen. So one will get the Sword of Nex, and the other The Dismantler. It should be easy to compare.

I'm tired of axes and maces that seem to miss as often as they hit. Their hits can sometimes be spectacular, but if you get 3 misses in a row, sometimes you're dead.

At least a lesser sword hit will usually stun the monster for a moment and give you a chance to get ready for the next move.
steyrhahn

Post by steyrhahn »

RodBrown wrote:On the contrary I like so much of having axes and maces and it makes me fun.
I had just had a string of bad luck with the axe, so was being overly negative at the time I wrote my previous statement. The luck probably averages out in the long run.

btw. I just finished my game (4th game I played) with 2 human sword wielders. I'm not sure I have any significant observations to make concerning Sword of Nex vs The Dismantler. They were able to tank their way thru most situations in the game. The Dismantler wielder made Master (50) while on the first pass thru level 12 (he got 2 of the Books of Infinite Wisdom) while the Nex wielder only got 1 book, and was at 48 exp points at end game.