[DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Moutrave

Re: [WIP] Grimrock Model Tookit

Post by Moutrave »

@John : yep that answers my query ! Thanks for answering :)

Edit : I humbly deleted my long post as I've the answer :)

Stupid...(maybe no one noticed...unlikely :d)

I do have another inquiry though : I placed the wall in a dungeon and when I move around, I get clipping issues, as if the original base wall was still behind and both textures were overlapping...anyone knows where this could come from ? That's the script, if it can help :)

defineObject{
name = "TestWall01",
class = "WallText",
placement = "wall",
model = "mod_assets/models/env/TestWall01.fbx",
editorIcon = 28,
replacesWall = true,
}

Thanks !
Last edited by Moutrave on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!
Moutrave

Post by Moutrave »

By the way : I dunno if asking questions like that out of nowhere is rude / doesn't have its place on this thread / belongs in a dedicated thread. I'm new to forums sort of so...if I need to move somewhere else I will :) (saying that coz I dislike rudeness and...trolls. especially trolls !)
!
Wolfen

Post by Wolfen »

Moutrave wrote:Hey guys,

Just went through the 46 pages of the forum, that was intense ! A crapload of awesome stuff is being done here, of course I give my special thanks to John without whom none of this custom assets frenzy would have been possible :)

I do have a question though, which may or may not seem dumb (if it is, that's ok, kinda used to asking dumb questions :)) : can we use multi material with grimrock ? Say I want to work with only a small set of tilable texture and used material IDs in Max (for exemple) and then apply my textures to part of my objects...is that possible or does every texture needs to be unique ?

That's it for now.. of course I can manage perfectly without that feature, but I'm so used to using tilable texture and UDK that...well the inquiry comes naturally ! can't wait to get started with grimrock modding, that will also give me a nice excuse to finally learn so LUA.

Cheers !
Are you talking about using a multi sub object material or what ever? Just dont export as OBJ. I think it loses the sub material set up that way. Export as ase or something else that the assimp supports.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Is a new build coming soon? I have a version that's a couple builds old and I don't want to update is a new one gets released the next day xD.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Moutrave wrote:I do have another inquiry though : I placed the wall in a dungeon and when I move around, I get clipping issues, as if the original base wall was still behind and both textures were overlapping...anyone knows where this could come from ? That's the script, if it can help :)

defineObject{
name = "TestWall01",
class = "WallText",
placement = "wall",
model = "mod_assets/models/env/TestWall01.fbx",
editorIcon = 28,
replacesWall = true,
}

Thanks !
A screenshot of the game view, and maybe of the editor, might help with this; setting the flag 'replacesWall = true' (as you have) should make that not happen.

Is it possible that you set two of these walls in the same location?
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

@Moutrace: Not rude at all. That's how this thread has grown to 46 pages! There's always someone happy to help around these parts. As Isaac said, it would be useful if you have a screenshot for us to see to debug your issue. As Isaac mentioned, replacesWall should prevent that - unless you have 2 manual walls in that space.

@Neikun: Possible there will be an update tomorrow, but if there is - it'll be very minor (adding documentation). The FBX tools will come soon as a command line tool, and then I will integrate them into the GMT. I will keep the command line tool available as that will be OSX compatible too :).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Okie dokes, I'll wait for that update.
Did I mention that you're amazing yet?
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Hi John, thanks for all the great work you have done on this tool.

I'm still having a problem with models that have many node segments.
Sometimes I create a model that has more then one material applied, I save it out as an OBJ using obj groups.
I bring it into the GMT and assign materials to different node segments, all is well and it works ingame.
The problem begins when I try to reverse this, If I load up a model with multible node segments and export it out to obj with the GMT I lose some of the segments.
You can grap this chest here as an exemple, it has only one texture but it has many node segments, so If you export it out with the GMT you should lose some of them.
http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/dropzone/chest.rar

Ohhh also me and my friend here are really happy that you are working on FBX support, he has told me many times during the rigging that he's just waiting to stand up and smash me with that chest :D

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
flatline

Post by flatline »

Skuggasveinn wrote:Hi John, thanks for all the great work you have done on this tool.

I'm still having a problem with models that have many node segments.
Sometimes I create a model that has more then one material applied, I save it out as an OBJ using obj groups.
I bring it into the GMT and assign materials to different node segments, all is well and it works ingame.
The problem begins when I try to reverse this, If I load up a model with multible node segments and export it out to obj with the GMT I lose some of the segments.
You can grap this chest here as an exemple, it has only one texture but it has many node segments, so If you export it out with the GMT you should lose some of them.
http://www.zorglubb.net/grimrock/dropzone/chest.rar

Ohhh also me and my friend here are really happy that you are working on FBX support, he has told me many times during the rigging that he's just waiting to stand up and smash me with that chest :D

Skuggasveinn.

That pic is fantastic. Atmosphere and attitude.
Moutrave

Post by Moutrave »

@Wolfen : Yep I'm talking multi-sub material; Good thing to know not to export it as Obj ! Thanks for the advice, that way I know in advance :)

Could this be the same problem that @Skuggasveinn encounters with his chest (great pic by the way !), as you export the chest in Obj with multi material? (Even with obj groups, maybe the obj format doesn't support everything you try to do?)

@John : ok then i can keep on asking stuff around (and hopefully help if I can :))

I'll send a pic or maybe a small vid of my overlapping issue, but first I'd better check that I definitely do not have 2 models on top of one another :)
!