Overhyping

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
GrimmGames

Re: Overhyping

Post by GrimmGames »

I don't think over-hyping is a large issue, except maybe in the confines of people who already know about the game. I knew nothing of it until digging though some links and ending up seeing the name on a page with information about Dungeon Master Java. Since Dungeon Master remains one of my all-time favorite games, the game-play videos for Grimrock, obviously, had me hooked. I will be buying this game the instant that I see that it is available for purchase, and reading 'hype' about it had almost nothing to do with that urge.
glyn_ie

Post by glyn_ie »

I hype myself up about this game. It's just a matter of how much you like this kind of thing.
petri wrote:
Torst wrote:So,is there a chance to buy the game as a gift for a friend
Yep!
...I sense a Steam release upon the horizon. :)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

glyn_ie wrote:...I sense a Steam release upon the horizon. :)
Or GOG... Steam is a given, but they did say (I think) that it would not be a Steam exclusive.
Wutcakes

Post by Wutcakes »

I hope for a direct download
rodrell

Post by rodrell »

A game with a title like " Legend of..." cannot go wrong. :D
"...on, into the dungeon..."
Dirge Inferno

Post by Dirge Inferno »

No, over-hyping an be used as an advantage -- they can get lots of customers!
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Over-hype has never been much an issue for me because I can make up my own mind. Granted there have been SOME games where I got so hyped up, then was let down..but those games also completely sucked.

I don't expect that here..
Rig

Post by Rig »

Caspica wrote:Aren't you guys worried that we are hyping over this game a bit too much? Don't get me wrong, I, too, am super excited for this game! What I mean is that maybe we should keep ourselves and our expectations on a realistic level (and maybe just slightly above it).

Legend Of Grimrock isn't overhyped, the design and construction of it has been documented online to gain awareness and I think they did it just right.

The 3DS was over-hyped.

I'll be pre-ordering on Steam to show support and get my dungeon crawling fix, I expect a Legend of Grimrock 2 and Legend Of Grimrock 3 sometime down the road gentlemen.

PS, The hardware demo a few weeks back looked good in 3D on a stereoscopic monitor.

Cheers
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

I haven't seen the developers hyping the game overmuch - if there is such a thing, then journalists excited about the game are responsible ;)

Personally, I think all of the communication from almosthuman has been rather factual, which is actually refreshing in this post-molyneux era ;)

Hm, I can't seem to be able to make a sentence that doesn't end with a smiley..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Sol has a point- a good game people want, will create it's own hype.