[GMT] Call for Model Toolkit V1.0 Feature Requests

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: [GMT] Call for Model Toolkit V1.0 Feature Requests

Post by Komag »

7. When I do a Material Find / Replace (which is nice!), would love a big dropdown of all available materials to pick from as the new material, instead of having to know what I want and type it in
8. After doing Material Find / Replace, the model doesn't appear any different until I select the correct node, look at the segment, (which shows the newly replaced material correctly), and then do "Set Material". I would like it to do the "Set Material" for me, behind the scenes, so I see the change immediately :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

@Skuggasveinn: Have you tried out the latest version with the 'Translate', 'Scale' and 'Rotate' quick buttons on the Model Nodes tab? I think this will (a) replace the Node Transform Dialog and (b) hopefully resolve your feature suggestion .
yes yes yes, I was 2 versions behind, this rocks, thx alot ;)
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
cougardod

Post by cougardod »

Is there potential for auto-updating instead of uninstall/reinstalling new versions?
nichg

Post by nichg »

I have to admit to not having been following along due to intermittent power here, but can we add new nodes yet? I'd like to be able to stop all these 'no Gate node' errors on new secret door models, for example. Or add a light node to a monster to give it a light source, or something like that.
Komag

Post by Komag »

doesn't look like it - I don't see anything to indicate adding a new node
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

@cougardod: A good point - I've neglected properly looking at the install / update process, but the Install Shield LE edition should allow me to manage that much better. Will add that to the list in a sec.

@nichg: You can't add nodes quite yet I'm afraid - that's on my todo list still. However, all nodes are imported from Assimp import I believe, so you can actually do that in an external editor. I want to make sure the node editing is 'safe' (you can't break the tree), so I will probably do the following...

1. Add an add/delete/import node option.
2. Make the 'parent node' field a dropdown.
3. If you try to delete a node with children, you will have the choice to cancel or move all children to the root node.

That should allow for full data consistency.

@Komag: You are correct :).

Will add latest suggestions to the first post, either in a minute (if my ipad doesn't make that difficult) or tomorrow morning! Am tucked up in bed now playing the 'man flu' card with the wife to get ice cream and mugs of tea!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Aww. Get well soon!
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Komag

Post by Komag »

I was glad when it at least informed me that I needed to uninstall the old version first, so it didn't just install a new version on top and possibly muck things up. My Avast always has a heart attack every time I install these, but I try to calm it down each time :)
Komag

Post by Komag »

request: the save path for modified animations act like the regular save-as, and remember the folder or default to the mod_assets folder or something, instead of always going to asset pack folder and I have to change the save location every time :)

request: animation item highlight (like node highlight)
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

request: a button/menu/whatever to freeze the node transforms (replace the vertices with the transformed ones) :)
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org

Return to “Modding”