[WIP] Mine Tileset

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
D@nzingtree

Re: [WIP] Mine Tileset

Post by D@nzingtree »

That looks awesome!
Are there any chances that you might make a Grimrock tileset based on the models of your machine hell?
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Lmaoboat wrote:If think if you make a custom torch object with the same name, it replaces the standard one, so maybe you can just copy the torch definition and add a hook that rejects lanterns.
Good idea, thanks, I should really try to get into scripting Grimrock, but modeling consumes all my spare time.
D@nzingtree wrote:That looks awesome!
Are there any chances that you might make a Grimrock tileset based on the models of your machine hell?
Thanks! Yes, I thought about that. There are quite a lot of differences between ES games and Grimrock, but I'd like to make a 'sinister Steam Punk' tileset eventually. Once I'm done with the mine tileset I'll try to finish the Wizard Lair tileset and after that I may work on the 'hell' tileset.

EDIT: Light shaft done, I think it looks quite nice with the grate casting shadows.

Deadlylama

Post by Deadlylama »

Phitt wrote:
Lmaoboat wrote:If think if you make a custom torch object with the same name, it replaces the standard one, so maybe you can just copy the torch definition and add a hook that rejects lanterns.
Good idea, thanks, I should really try to get into scripting Grimrock, but modeling consumes all my spare time.
D@nzingtree wrote:That looks awesome!
Thanks! Yes, I thought about that. There are quite a lot of differences between ES games and Grimrock, but I'd like to make a 'sinister Steam Punk' tileset eventually. Once I'm done with the mine tileset I'll try to finish the Wizard Lair tileset and after that I may work on the 'hell' tileset.

EDIT: Light shaft done, I think it looks quite nice with the grate casting shadows.

Really nice work!
I would love to see a "beta" version of this released for testing, as youtube blocks your video because of your music here in germany D:
Dungeon maker, scripter and modeling beginner
My first Wallset
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Deadlylama wrote: Really nice work!
I would love to see a "beta" version of this released for testing, as youtube blocks your video because of your music here in germany D:
I'm from Germany as well, I hate the stupid video blocking here. Thankfully the videos are still only a few mouse clicks away. Try this link:

http://eu.proxfree.com/permalink.php?ur ... D%3D&bit=1

I will release a beta version when the tileset is feature complete, but right now it wouldn't make much sense with all the stuff missing.
Deadlylama

Post by Deadlylama »

Phitt wrote:
Deadlylama wrote: Really nice work!
I'm from Germany as well, I hate the stupid video blocking here. Thankfully the videos are still only a few mouse clicks away. Try this link:

http://eu.proxfree.com/permalink.php?ur ... D%3D&bit=1

I will release a beta version when the tileset is feature complete, but right now it wouldn't make much sense with all the stuff missing.
thank you :D

also the tileset looks epic in that video!
i really hope the model toolkit gets the animation stuff soon, so you can finish it!
Dungeon maker, scripter and modeling beginner
My first Wallset
Huder

Post by Huder »

How do you deal with broken tangent space?
My shadows are not looking as awesome as yours.
Huder's Assets newest: Wooden Shield
djoldgames

Post by djoldgames »

Excelent work Phitt!
Are you using the Blender and its export to wavefront .OBJ?
If yes, have you any tips for export settings? On my (new) objects created in blender and exported to .OBJ is every texture mirrored (by X axis) after import to GTM. I must do UVs -> Mirror -> X axis in blender...
Merethif

Post by Merethif »

Phitt wrote:EDIT: Light shaft done, I think it looks quite nice with the grate casting shadows.
"Quite nice"?! It looks awesome!

But teasing us with Wizard Lair was unnecessary ;-) Now not only I can't wait for you to release Mine Set, but also I can't wait to see some preview of Wizard Lair Set.
LordYig

Post by LordYig »

Well... what else to say other than this tileset looks terrific ?

But I have to stop watching this thread for updates...

Phitt, every time you post a screenshot, I look at my own wip tileset with desdain and desgust and nearly start from scratch again...
Either my model or my textures, I always compare their rendering in the editor to your screenshot and then I cry... :?

So Curse you man, curse you !
thomson

Post by thomson »

That mine looks amazing. You were discussing different possible tilesets that you consider to work next. For an extra challenge try forest (first level of Eye of the Beholder 2).
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources

Return to “Modding”