TotalBiscuit's WTF is Grimrock is now up

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Darklord

Re: TotalBiscuit's WTF is Grimrock is now up

Post by Darklord »

Curunir wrote:Watching TotalBiscuit's video has suddenly made my pants way too tight.
:o <shudder>

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Crise

Post by Crise »

Looks like keeping an eye on TB's videos paid off, because it made me aware of this game :) Looks like great fun, and a nice change of pace from the current games coming out frequently.
luthur1964

Post by luthur1964 »

It should be noted that this video shows the viewer something else that purists may wish to wait for, so there is a compelling reason to wait a week. Although it has been mentioned before, it may not be common knowledge:
SpoilerShow
The dream sequence, although somewhat simple, the quality and execution is great
I'm hoping there will be many of these throughout the game.

Also, since I don't care much for modern politicians, I move that we elect the Almost Human team, not as government leaders, but as "Masters of All, space, time, & dimension". Can someone please second the motion?
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

luthur1964 wrote:Also, since I don't care much for modern politicians, I move that we elect the Almost Human team, not as government leaders, but as "Masters of All, space, time, & dimension". Can someone please second the motion?
ME ME! :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

I watched it immediately :P. Yeah, the "puzzles" are definitely simple warmups, definitely not anything to cringe over (due to being spoiled when not wanting to be).

And as always, a great WTF is..., as expected. Even more excited, after seeing a newby (relative to this game, as opposed to a dev) play the game.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

Plus if you've got memory like me, you'll more than likely forget the puzzles when you get there by the time of release. :lol:
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Darklord wrote:
Curunir wrote:Watching TotalBiscuit's video has suddenly made my pants way too tight.
:o <shudder>

Daniel.
Hey, I'm trying to keep a mostly family-friendly tone :D
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

Just seen his video, instantly interested. Will definitely get the recognition it deserves now.
telgor

Post by telgor »

I couldn't stop myself, just had to watch it, and it looks like everything that all of us dungeon crawlers could have hoped for. Also, like some people have already mentioned, it doesn't spoil anything for anyone who has played a game like this before.

Anyway, I have armed myself with some cutlery, a box of matches and some salt & vinegar crisps. I'm off down to my cellar to kill a spider or two just to get some practice in.
maskedhobo

Post by maskedhobo »

telgor wrote:I couldn't stop myself, just had to watch it, and it looks like everything that all of us dungeon crawlers could have hoped for. Also, like some people have already mentioned, it doesn't spoil anything for anyone who has played a game like this before.

Anyway, I have armed myself with some cutlery, a box of matches and some salt & vinegar crisps. I'm off down to my cellar to kill a spider or two just to get some practice in.
Don't get poisoned. Check for snail meat too!
Gotta dungeon crawl before you can dungeon walk...