What now for the Team?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
TZO2k12

Re: What now for the Team?

Post by TZO2k12 »

It was bound to happen, with such a thirst for cRPGs being quenched by developers storming out of Europe, it was only a matter of time that we would finally be receiving a true dungeon crawler! (How I miss graphing out my dungeons)

The U.S. may have been the place where cRPGs were born, but unfortunately that's where they have almost died...Many thanks go out to Europe for saving our favored genre of gaming bliss! Ironic though, it's quite fitting, seeing how Europe's setting have inspired almost every cRPG that we love so much! :D
Assumptions are the practical logic of the ignorant.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Anaraavi wrote:Jiho, how are you with Steampunk style artwork?
I'd prefer Cyberpunk to Steampunk personally. :) (I loved Shadowrun on the SNES)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Klukitsi

Post by Klukitsi »

The world map suggests that the team might continue working with this setting/universe. Perhaps we'll see a full-scale RPG in the distant future, something like The Witcher game(s). :roll:

Personally, I would love to adventure in the town called "Kalevala". :D
dark

Post by dark »

Trust me Devs, stick with what is working now for you guys. Make an addon or a new game in the same setting. This game is new and refreshing so many are going to be looking for an addon or somethng new like this.

Your game proves the idea that great gameplay is what matters, not the graphics, but the graphics help a LOT.

Looking forward to the game next week. Although I wish it was this tuesday. Hint, Hint!!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

petri wrote:Hehehe, no time to rest yet. We're getting bombarded with emails (review requests, media queries, etc).

If time permits we'll continue testing the game and start thinking about the map editor next week.
You guys are pretty quiet this week, does that mean you are hard at work on the map editor? :P

Daniel.
petri

Post by petri »

Darklord wrote:You guys are pretty quiet this week, does that mean you are hard at work on the map editor? :P
Olli and Juho have been out of the office this week on sick leave and we have been taking it easy with Antti at the office. Not much to report yet, but yeah we have started to think about the next steps :) And at least I've got an image in my head now how the map editor should look like.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Sorry to hear that, hope Olli and Juho feel better soon! It must have been an intense 10 months for you guys. :)

Daniel.
juho

Post by juho »

The mucus coming from my nose turned into weird glowing green slime monster and started chasing me around spitting slime balls. It was hard to run away from it because I could move only one tile at a time. :D
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
robc

Post by robc »

juho wrote:The mucus coming from my nose turned into weird glowing green slime monster and started chasing me around spitting slime balls. It was hard to run away from it because I could move only one tile at a time. :D
Sounds like you need a +1 tissue of constitution. I've got a cold here myself, but my mucus is the more benign clear gelatinous cube.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Quick catch it with a digitizer! We'll slay it for you next week! :lol:

Daniel.