Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
5hassay

Re: Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Post by 5hassay »

Excited! Insta-beta join!

Already have an idea for a mod--hopefully the editor has the features I want, ^_^

Might want to add to the OP for people to backup saves?
antti

Post by antti »

5hassay wrote:Might want to add to the OP for people to backup saves?
Good idea. :)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Cirrus0

Post by Cirrus0 »

Grimwold wrote:I have another pre-activated pressure plate error... this time if it activates a spawner, the resulting monster has an invalid ID and the following error message appears when I try to preview the level:

The following are the relevant snippets from dungeon.lua

Code: Select all

spawn("dungeon_pressure_plate", 22,5,0, "dungeon_pressure_plate_1")
	:setTriggeredByParty(false)
	:setTriggeredByMonster(false)
	:setTriggeredByItem(true)
	:addConnector("activate", "dungeon_pit_6", "close")
	:addConnector("any", "spawner_4", "activate")
spawn("spawner", 19,8,0, "spawner_4")
	:setSpawnedEntity("skeleton_warrior")
	:setCoolDown(30)
spawn("cudgel", 22,5,3, "cudgel_1")
Since you seem to want the same thing as i do (a pre-activated pressure plate), placing a spawner on top of the plate that has a running timer (which deactivates itself once fired) and simple spawning a rock AFTER the level has loaded is doing the trick.

OR

A hidden pressure plate at the start of the level triggers the prepressure spawns while the player is still too far away to notice
GreyFalcon

Post by GreyFalcon »

I'm guessing without the steam version (gog.com version) we can't get into the public beta...
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

Cirrus0 wrote: Since you seem to want the same thing as i do (a pre-activated pressure plate), placing a spawner on top of the plate that has a running timer (which deactivates itself once fired) and simple spawning a rock AFTER the level has loaded is doing the trick.

OR

A hidden pressure plate at the start of the level triggers the prepressure spawns while the player is still too far away to notice
Great. Thanks Cirrus0.. I'll give those a try.
WeApOn

Post by WeApOn »

Editor Blinking?

Just started working with the Dungeon Editor, and I'm experiencing alot of 'blinking' in the main screen. This occurs whether the preview mode is on or off.

I am running two monitor, and the only other open program is iTunes. I figure someone else may have already reported this -- is there a known issue/solution?

Thanks!
petri

Post by petri »

WeApOn wrote:Editor Blinking?
Just started working with the Dungeon Editor, and I'm experiencing alot of 'blinking' in the main screen. This occurs whether the preview mode is on or off.
I am running two monitor, and the only other open program is iTunes. I figure someone else may have already reported this -- is there a known issue/solution?
Thanks!
Afaik you're the only one reporting. Do you have any DirectX tweaks installed?
WeApOn

Post by WeApOn »

petri wrote: Afaik you're the only one reporting. Do you have any DirectX tweaks installed?
Negative. I'm running dual monitors, using an NVIDIA GTX 570, drivers up to date. All I have attempted so far was to create a 'note' and I keep experiencing this flashing/blinking while editing it. I'll continue to work with other objects and see if it persists.
petri

Post by petri »

WeApOn wrote:
petri wrote: Afaik you're the only one reporting. Do you have any DirectX tweaks installed?
Negative. I'm running dual monitors, using an NVIDIA GTX 570, drivers up to date. All I have attempted so far was to create a 'note' and I keep experiencing this flashing/blinking while editing it. I'll continue to work with other objects and see if it persists.
That's strange. We have dual monitors here at the office and no blinking.. Hmm.

EDIT: does it matter if you have preview on/off? Does window size have any effect on the blinking?
WeApOn

Post by WeApOn »

petri wrote:
WeApOn wrote:
That's strange. We have dual monitors here at the office and no blinking.. Hmm.

EDIT: does it matter if you have preview on/off? Does window size have any effect on the blinking?
It was occurring whether the preview window was on or off, one of my first thoughts as well. I DID however increase the size of my preview window quite a bit. I've lowered that back down to test.

Although, I believe the blinking might have stopped when I stopped editing the 'note' prop.

I will try working for a bit more, then be taking a break. If it persists I will report back. Thanks!