Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Re: Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Post by petri »

Leki wrote:Bug: Compare mod description textfield in "publish dialog" with "add mod description" dialog in steam workshop. In editor we have only "single line" textfield, steam has multiline. It's very uncomfortable to write multiline description in editor. I use steam textfield to write text, then ctrl+c and ctrl+v into editor textfield. It works, but you cannot see text etc and "editing" is possible only with full clear (shift+end, then delete) and rewriting.
Ok, many thanks for the feedback!
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

@antti
Okay, thanks.
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

Games related up to yesterday i was looking forward to Torchlight 2 but now this desire completely vanished. It's also interesting how iterative the dungeon creation process is, at least the way i'm building a dungeon. There also goes a lot of time into tweaking and testing. I wish i had more time to play around with it.

Btw. how do you clear the debug window's content? For some strange reason it keeps telling me a warning that a spawn location is invalid at (18,15,0,1) but there doesn't exist such a spawner, maybe i once misplace one before (the warning already appeared before using the textfile).
WaterKnight

Post by WaterKnight »

The messages are not cleared. I just use a lua script with

Code: Select all

for i=1, 100, 1 do
    print("")
end
resonansER

Post by resonansER »

If in editor's fullscreen mode push shift+F5 and then push F key or ESC key this is doesn't work. I mean don't returns to editor window.
antti

Post by antti »

lowzei wrote:Btw. how do you clear the debug window's content? For some strange reason it keeps telling me a warning that a spawn location is invalid at (18,15,0,1) but there doesn't exist such a spawner, maybe i once misplace one before (the warning already appeared before using the textfile).
You can type clear into the console to, well, clear it. :)
resonansER wrote:If in editor's fullscreen mode push shift+F5 and then push F key or ESC key this is doesn't work. I mean don't returns to editor window.
Alright, thanks for pointing this out. We'll have to fix it. 8-)
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

@antti
Thanks, the easiest things are often the hardest to find out, but wait, how do i access the console?

And a second one: How can i translate the party (or other entities) in order to move it to a new location (x,y,z,r)?
Harest

Post by Harest »

Hi there,

I would try the editor for some help but it seems there is a problem, maybe because i'm french o/.

Anyway, yes i activated betas in the property tab, and it downloads the beta, but still in 1.1.4. Here is the pics : http://imgur.com/a/Ym1up

Edit @Petri : All files verified, no additional download.
Edit² : I relaunched Steam and there's 27.4 mb just downloading. It's ok, i'm in o/.
Last edited by Harest on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
petri

Post by petri »

Harest wrote:Hi there,

I would try the editor for some help but it seems there is a problem, maybe because i'm french o/.

Anyway, yes i activated betas in the property tab, and it downloads the beta, but still in 1.1.4. Here is the pics : http://imgur.com/a/Ym1up
Try Verify Integrity of Files in Legend of Grimrock -> Properties in Steam client.
CremionisD

Post by CremionisD »

I am having a strange issue with script editing:

When I edit a script in the "Inspector", the inspector seems to "die". Meaning I can't select any entity from the map, until I activate some other window (For example WinAMp) and return back to the level editor. I think I didn't see this yesterday with my initial test scripts. Is it perhaps that my script has a bug in it or something?

Now that I try to find better steps to reproduce this, it suddenly stopped appearing. Very annoying! I will post again if I find a way to repro this...

PS.
I would really like a zoom feature to the dungeon map... Also some kind of filtering on the map might make things simpler. (For example a filter that hides entities that affect only the dungeon roof / fool) -- I thing these would make it easier to select and edit stuff.