Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Hasir

Re: Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Post by Hasir »

how do you guys feel about adding some kind of "favorites" or "recently used" folder for commonly used assets? It might not be worth the effort but it would add a little convince.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

You can sort of make illusory walls by place a secret button on a wall, and then nudging it back. It'll create a non-solid wall with the button on it. Also works with text walls. Actually, it works with most anything that can be place on walls.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Some thoughts:
there should be a scroll bar added if a list of connectors gets too long.
Copy and pasting feels kind of weird with paste dropping an asset from where you copied it.
It would be nice to have a refresh button to test out changes to custom weapons and stuff quicker.
Copy and pasting torch holders sometimes drops a torch on the ground as an item

As a side note, I'm finding one of the hardest things to be placing enemies and items in a way that feels organic.
Cirrus0

Post by Cirrus0 »

If you start the preview with F5, then fullscreen it with F, then stop it with shift+F5, F no longer minimizes the preview.
petri

Post by petri »

Cirrus0 wrote:If you start the preview with F5, then fullscreen it with F, then stop it with shift+F5, F no longer minimizes the preview.
Thanks for the bug report!
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

Is it possible to select and move dungeon areas, or shift the whole dungeon on the paper?

For instance if you've started working on a dungeon and later on recognise that it would be nice having a little bit more space on the left side or somewhere in between.
Last edited by lowzei on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

lowzei wrote:Is it possible to select and move dungeon areas, or shift the whole dungeon on the paper?

For instance if you've started working on a dungeon and later on recognise that it would be nice having a little bit more space on the left side.
Well you can just select all the assets and nudged them where you want them, and redraw the walls.
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

I know but i was asking for a way which spares you redrawing the walls.
antti

Post by antti »

lowzei wrote:Is it possible to select and move dungeon areas, or shift the whole dungeon on the paper?
Not as such, unfortunately. One trick you can do though is that you can edit the layout in the dungeon.lua with a text editor where you can more easily offset the whole dungeon if needed (I've had to resort to this sometimes when shifting an entire level). You have to be super careful though that the map stays the same size, so take a backup before editing it!
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Leki

Post by Leki »

Bug: Compare mod description textfield in "publish dialog" with "add mod description" dialog in steam workshop. In editor we have only "single line" textfield, steam has multiline. It's very uncomfortable to write multiline description in editor. I use steam textfield to write text, then ctrl+c and ctrl+v into editor textfield. It works, but you cannot see text etc and "editing" is possible only with full clear (shift+end, then delete) and rewriting.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore

Return to “Modding”