General Dungeon Editor glitches and problems

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Re: General Dungeon Editor glitches and problems

Post by petri »

Leki wrote:Not bug - rather a question of functionality: pressure_plate_hidden - can you improve this entity with enabled/disabled option entity which can be changed by connector, please? I mean it works like trigger. Situation: I run through corridor, there is pressure plate (disabled). There is button at the end of corridor. Clicking will do something and eneble plate. When I return back I step on enebled plate and game do smoething.
There are multiple ways to accomplish this. For example, you could create a script entity and connect the button and pressure plate to the entity. In the script entity you could have a variable "plateEnabled", which is initially set to false. When the button is clicked change the variable to true. Then when the plate is stepped on check for the value of the plateEnabled variable and proceed accordingly.
Komag

Post by Komag »

very minor cosmetic issue - when I first start the dungeon editor from the in-game menu, the game exits and the editor starts, good.

But the window isn't quite sized right.

It seems that the window size is ignoring my window border size and also ignoring the window title bar and menu bar. The inside of the window is exactly 1440 wide and 900 tall, but my window borders and menu bar won't fit on the screen, so I have to manually resize the window a little bit to shrink it. No big deal, but maybe when it makes the window size it could automatically reduce the width by, say, 12, and the height by around 30 or so.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Leki

Post by Leki »

petri wrote:
Leki wrote:Not bug - rather a question of functionality: pressure_plate_hidden - can you improve this entity with enabled/disabled option entity which can be changed by connector, please? I mean it works like trigger. Situation: I run through corridor, there is pressure plate (disabled). There is button at the end of corridor. Clicking will do something and eneble plate. When I return back I step on enebled plate and game do smoething.
There are multiple ways to accomplish this. For example, you could create a script entity and connect the button and pressure plate to the entity. In the script entity you could have a variable "plateEnabled", which is initially set to false. When the button is clicked change the variable to true. Then when the plate is stepped on check for the value of the plateEnabled variable and proceed accordingly.
True - we can handle this by this way, but on the other hand we can save a lot of scripting - atm we can connect object (for example "timer") to plate, but there is not function (enable/disable) in combobox for this action. It's a pity and I guess that is "only" a hardcoding of exactly what you describe. Trigger based game design is powerfull method. If you have some free time for improvement, please try to add this functionality to pressure_plate_hidden. It will make dungeoncrafting much comfortable.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Donbo

Post by Donbo »

petri wrote:Maybe this is the same issue that caused black screen previously with the game. Check that you don't have forced on antialiasing in your graphics card drivers.
Quite embarrassed to say but how exactly do I check this?
Frirr

Post by Frirr »

Komag wrote:But the window isn't quite sized right.
Mine opens up 1920x1200 size (which is my monitor native reso), but not centered vertically (there is about one windows icon row showing above grimrock editor window).

Also deleting starting_location and re-creating it with "y" hotkey defaults to invalid id value (was 20 in my case). id value cant start with integer.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Donbo wrote:
petri wrote:Maybe this is the same issue that caused black screen previously with the game. Check that you don't have forced on antialiasing in your graphics card drivers.
Quite embarrassed to say but how exactly do I check this?
If you have a Nvidia card, go to the Nvidia Control Panel, if you have an ATI card use the Catalyst Control Center. They're already installed on your computer.
petri

Post by petri »

Leki wrote:
petri wrote:
True - we can handle this by this way, but on the other hand we can save a lot of scripting - atm we can connect object (for example "timer") to plate, but there is not function (enable/disable) in combobox for this action. It's a pity and I guess that is "only" a hardcoding of exactly what you describe. Trigger based game design is powerfull method. If you have some free time for improvement, please try to add this functionality to pressure_plate_hidden. It will make dungeoncrafting much comfortable.
Fair enough, I'll think about this. Thanks for the feedback!
petri

Post by petri »

Frirr wrote:Also deleting starting_location and re-creating it with "y" hotkey defaults to invalid id value (was 20 in my case). id value cant start with integer.
Thanks for the bug report! I'll add this to my todo list.
Donbo

Post by Donbo »

Ok checked this out, the anti-aliasing box isn't checked nor is anisotropic filtering.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Minor issue - when opening the automap in the small Preview window, the text names of the levels are HUGE, because they are the same size as when full-screen

medium issue - how can I get rid of random floor dirt or wall vines that show up when building, such as dirt that is just floating there in the air over a stairs_down? (this is not dirt that I placed manually, but just the random dirt that appears)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

Return to “Modding”