Clothing/Apparel for LoG - What would you like?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Darklord

Clothing/Apparel for LoG - What would you like?

Post by Darklord »

Hey Guys,

So Almost Human now sell Clothing/Apparel, :P

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/almosthumanshop

Antti asked if there is anything else we would like, so what does everyone fancy?
Antti wrote:Tell us what you think and if there’s something you would like to see in the store, do let us know and we’ll take a look if it’s doable!
Personally I would like a T shirt with the main art on it, like so,

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Bees

Re: Clothing/Apparel for LoG - What would you like?

Post by Bees »

That looks uncomfortable to wear. It would be a solid square of stiff, heavy ink covering your entire chest.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Bees wrote:That looks uncomfortable to wear. It would be a solid square of stiff, heavy ink covering your entire chest.
That's just my lack of editing skills, the background would be black of course, so it would not actually be a square, as the light would naturally fade away.

You could even just have the party and the logo.

Daniel.
DJK

Post by DJK »

While I have no problem wearing game related clothing, I dislike the habbit of "advertising" your game as logo on the shirt or other pieces... in the example case above, I don't like "legend of grimrock" in big letters on there...

I have a shirt from portal that has Glados on it in a sort of composition with the nightsky en stars on black... it's not a clear cut box like the shirt above so the design looks "integrated" on the shirt itself... (not defined by ugly borders).. AND there is no "Portal" or anything in letters.. actuall there are no letters at all... someone who knows portal will immidiately recognise what it is and where it comes from... someone who doesn't won't, they might think it's from a game but that's it...

I prefer that style... I acknowledge componies want to get their game "logo"s" and "titles" out there .. but Im not a walking advertisement panel, nor do I get payed to be... so while I have no problem wearing game related stuff, I don't want to sport around corporate logo's...

Same reason you won't see me wearing a Adidas or Nike shirt with the big logo's on them... if it's really small on the side or something maybe...
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Darklord

Post by Darklord »

:lol:

I like it. ;)

Daniel.
Grock

Post by Grock »

From the title I thought "oh god no, they're going to start selling 'hats'". Relived that it's actually clothing.

Personally I think they would be better if they didn't have the game name on them, if they just had one of the creatures on it or a scene like the people falling into the pit at the beginning it would look better and those that know the game will end up thinking "where do I know that from..." Also those that don't care about the game might buy one just because it looks cool without affiliating them with anything.

Also I'd avoid printing things in squares, it honestly looks cheap, because it is cheap(er). Choose designs that would work going along the lines of a .png with transparency rather than a .jpg that's glued on.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

I find game related clothing is more stylish/interesting when it just features something from the game rather than the actual game name. It's more interesting and can create some pretty interesting conversations.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
5hassay

Post by 5hassay »

I would like it if there was a physical CD or (even better) vinyl soundtrack for purchase.

EDIT: The items in the current store don't really appeal to me... The mug is kind of cool, but expensive. The logos on the clothes throw me off. I'd rather something more creative, and less "THIS IS A BRAND." Of course, that is picky, ^_^
Olli

Post by Olli »

To celebrate the Dungeon Editor Open beta we have updated the Cafe Press store with new cool t-shirts and other requested merchandise.

Go check it out here http://www.cafepress.com/almosthumanshop

And as always, let as know what you think! :)