Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
pulpum

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by pulpum »

in-cre-di-ble!

THANK YOU so much for this!!!

even the "advanced" function are avalaible by mouse! :twisted: this editor looks very very very functional! and the live preview! yeah!

yeaaahhhaaa!
ad&d / ff / d&d
azidahaka

Post by azidahaka »

W_O_W
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Amazing....Thank you so much for the preview
Leto

Post by Leto »

Great to see the editor in action! And it reminds me of all those great editors out there, e.g. for Doom, or Unreal etc... with those commons things like script entities (I think you will be able to visually connect an object with an script entity to execute it), an inspector windows etc.

After watching the video, I wondered if it will be possible to move all placed entities at once from one position to another, like "shifting" the whole dungeon :) Could be a helpful feature, I you did not plan your dungeon layout beforehand :)
antti

Post by antti »

Leto wrote:Great to see the editor in action! And it reminds me of all those great editors out there, e.g. for Doom, or Unreal etc... with those commons things like script entities (I think you will be able to visually connect an object with an script entity to execute it), an inspector windows etc.

After watching the video, I wondered if it will be possible to move all placed entities at once from one position to another, like "shifting" the whole dungeon :) Could be a helpful feature, I you did not plan your dungeon layout beforehand :)
Yeah, you can connect to functions in script entities. And yes, you can multiselect assets and move them around, as well as copy and paste them.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
theruler

Post by theruler »

The cherry on top would be an item preview.
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

I have a question...

for traps, is there any tool to make it right fit on both levels? (position, coordinates...) ?
ad&d / ff / d&d
petri

Post by petri »

pulpum wrote:for traps, is there any tool to make it right fit on both levels? (position, coordinates...) ?
I'm not sure what you mean but you can flick levels with page up/down so it's easy to see where pits leads to etc.
marcuz99

Post by marcuz99 »

You guys are great! Thank you for the preview! :)

I look fwd to make some new wallset for it!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Fantastic work!! This looks like it will be a lot of fun to use.

* I have a suggestion: I think it would be very cool if the editor had an optional 'Shift+Drag' or even a 'box drawing' tool button to allow mappers to draw variable width rectangles as well; instead of just block by block single squares.