Combat should be turn-based

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Mychaelh

Re: Combat should be turn-based

Post by Mychaelh »

Maybe 'disapointing'.
But you all will have to give credits to LoG for being the best and closest to the original true DM-clone since a quarter century.
Done just by a 'party' (four people).
You are free to prove that you can make it better of course...
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Tungsten wrote:Oh please no, the combat is fine as it is, but spell casting could be made easier, it would be nice to have an spell ready icon for each hand for Wizards.
Ready spells such as dungeon master 1 and 2 should be better, I agree. though.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

trancelistic wrote:Sorry, but I'm strongly against turn based fights. It takes away the creepy feeling. Do wish monsters had a beter A.I though. I think dungeon master 1 monster even has a beter A.I. At least they find you and open doors you've closed. IN this game, i could run like 2 coridors and sleep, they won't find me, not to mention close a door and im save...

Kinda disapointing:(
Dude, you can't ALWAYS sleep two corridors away. Besides, people says that one creature can open a door, but this never happened to me, cause I never locked, by the way. Try often and you can get rude awaken ;)

About the turn based stuff, if we think well, this game is KINDA turned based. You have to wait some time between one attack and another, like the monster so too.