Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by petri »

gambit37 wrote:
petri wrote:So I think we have established that we need texture scripting (for those complex puzzles) and the question is whether in addition we should support visual scripting. The thing is, I'm not very keen on supporting two ways of scripting (visual and textual), especially when "point and click" is inherently limited in its capabilities to those building blocks we provide. It just feels like additional work without gaining anything.
What you would be gaining is the eternal gratitude of thousands of non-programmer-designers. :-) :-) I understand whjy you have reservations, but since most hobbyist designers are not coders, I think you'd really be limiting who can use the editor if it doesn't have point-and-click puzzle creation.
I've changed my mind and implemented simple visual scripting system for basic dungeon mechanics. It's now possible to connect actuators to doors, pits, etc. More advanced stuff can be implemented by placing a script entity containing custom Lua code to the level. Non-programmers and programmers, both should be happy now :)
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Thank you for the update and all the hard work Petri ! Yea!!! Woke up this morning and the list had shrunk dramatically.
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

yeah!

"you're simply the best!" :mrgreen:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Thels

Post by Thels »

Ohh, the todo list is getting really small now!
Lollgramoth

Post by Lollgramoth »

seven to go, yay! :D that seems to be very fast.
Bees

Post by Bees »

Ack, you're going too fast! I need to step up my tile art. :o
petri

Post by petri »

Thanks guys! It was bit of a slow start after the vacation but I think I've finally regained my coding mojo. :)
GreyFalcon

Post by GreyFalcon »

petri wrote:Thanks guys! It was bit of a slow start after the vacation but I think I've finally regained my coding mojo. :)

Ahhh! Coding MoJo! :ugeek:
Billick

Post by Billick »

petri wrote:Thanks guys! It was bit of a slow start after the vacation but I think I've finally regained my coding mojo. :)
Looks like it's getting pretty close to being done. Care to share some coding mojo? I could really use it today!
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Kwibus

Post by Kwibus »

Haven't posted since end May, but reading Petri's post made me really happy so I just logged in to say "Keep up the good work!!"

Looking forward to the editor.