Level 6 Vault of the Orb

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Zuur

Re: Level 6 Vault of the Orb

Post by Zuur »

Driving me mad - I can't get in through the teleporter in the first place...

I've throw and placed various different things on it, including placing a Plate Cuirass (16kg), and tried it on each side of the pressure plate. The teleporter stays on whatever I put on there, but when I step into the teleporter I don't get teleported, I just stand there with the sparkly lights all around me :cry:

I've also tried loading a game just after entering the level and running straight here and get the same result... Is there anything I'm missing about how to get in?
Devil

Post by Devil »

Zuur - reread the first page, there's 2 posts with solutions in it, one of which is mine....
Zuur

Post by Zuur »

Argh!

Thanks Devil. So just to clarify for anyone else having the same problem; you place an item through the teleporter while you're standing on the pressure plate - the teleporter can't teleport you.. (how the hell does that work I wonder...)
b8w2N7r6Wz0q5e

Post by b8w2N7r6Wz0q5e »

It's a very picky teleporter! ;)

Just like a few special floor plates that won't trigger if you pile all your party's belongings on them, but will trigger just fine the moment your cloth-wearing mages step on them.