NEWS: standalone version available through grimrock.net

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
arkhometha

Re: NEWS: standalone version available through grimrock.net

Post by arkhometha »

Thanks a lot!
I do prefer the standalone version, not the Steam one.
Orkanus

Post by Orkanus »

Hello Everybody!

I don't see this informations or I don't see :), but I have some question about release.
What are the differences in content between purchasing a package Grimrock.net and gog.com? Besides, of course, the key to Steam ...

...or mayby download The Game from Grimrock.net will be sooner than from others?

Greetings!
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Orkanus wrote:Hello Everybody!

I don't see this informations or I don't see :), but I have some question about release.
What are the differences in content between purchasing a package Grimrock.net and gog.com? Besides, of course, the key to Steam ...

...or mayby download The Game from Grimrock.net will be sooner than from others?

Greetings!
The main benefit is that you're supporting the devs directly (Steam/GOG doesn't take a cut of the profit when you buy direct), but you also get both a Steam key and a standalone installer. So it's the best of both options.
Orkanus

Post by Orkanus »

Patchumz wrote: The main benefit is that you're supporting the devs directly (Steam/GOG doesn't take a cut of the profit when you buy direct), but you also get both a Steam key and a standalone installer. So it's the best of both options.
OK. Thanks!
Then I bought from Grimrock.net directly. :D

...but the waiting is killing me ;)
Breogan

Post by Breogan »

Preodered for Grimrock.net. You guys really deserve it! You make me dream :)
Tegga21

Post by Tegga21 »

This is awesome! I like downloading fast in steam but definitely prefer a standalone non drm copy
Yuliboe

Post by Yuliboe »

I would have buy it directly from grimrock.net, but unfortunately I found this game in GoG and pre-ordered there as soon as I finished reading what this game was about.
This game is a dream come true for me. I started playing CRPGs before I even knew what a CRPG was. Ultima Underworld was my first EVER game (and best game I have ever played, tied maybe only with Daggerfall) around 1993 I think, and I got hooked on these games forever. I remember all those old games Battlespire, Anvil of Dawn, Albion, Stonekeep, Daggerfall, Betrayal and Return to Krondor, Shadows over Riva, The Might and Magics, the Wizardrys, the Lands of Lores, and so many others. I have always wanted a NEW game with that old feeling and looks like THIS IS IT!!!!! PLEASE MORE MORE MORE!!!!
Last edited by Yuliboe on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
protos_dorkin

Post by protos_dorkin »

Wu Tse wrote:
Kthanid:
No, that's not at all true, at least it's not anymore true than saying "anyone who buys it from GOG get's infinite copies to give to whoever they choose".
What you are buying is a single license to the game, what you are being given is several avenues to install that game.
Patchumz:
The Humble Bundle (most popular indie game bundle) usually gives at least Steam and standalone, if not Desura and other services too, this is no different.
true. you are both right. i didn't think about these examples.

:P Wu Tse
I preordered yesterday and although was planning on using the standalone version, I accidentally used the steam key :? as I was new to steam and unfamiliar with it. I assumed you had to register it through steam whether you chose the standalone or not :oops: but does this mean I cannot use the standalone version I will receive on April 11? I don't want the steam version but steam said it was "now permanantly tied to steam" even though the game isn't even available there to install/run until April 11. I have activated it in the wrong place but have NOT installed it yet.
signature??? what is this "signature?" We do not understand your dry-foot ways...
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

protos_dorkin wrote:
Wu Tse wrote:
Kthanid:
No, that's not at all true, at least it's not anymore true than saying "anyone who buys it from GOG get's infinite copies to give to whoever they choose".
What you are buying is a single license to the game, what you are being given is several avenues to install that game.
Patchumz:
The Humble Bundle (most popular indie game bundle) usually gives at least Steam and standalone, if not Desura and other services too, this is no different.
true. you are both right. i didn't think about these examples.

:P Wu Tse
I preordered yesterday and although was planning on using the standalone version, I accidentally used the steam key :? as I was new to steam and unfamiliar with it. I assumed you had to register it through steam whether you chose the standalone or not :oops: but does this mean I cannot use the standalone version I will receive on April 11? I don't want the steam version but steam said it was "now permanantly tied to steam" even though the game isn't even available there to install/run until April 11. I have activated it in the wrong place but have NOT installed it yet.
They don't have nasty DRM tactics. You can install it as many times as you want, on as many platforms as you want. (If you bought it directly, if not then you obviously are limited to a single platform :P)
juwoe299

Post by juwoe299 »

I really want to preorder it directly but I can't, because I don't have a credit card and Amazon Payments/Humble Store doesn't let me use direct debit... I have Steam but on Steam it can't be preordered... :?