fun party combos

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
zuffazombie

fun party combos

Post by zuffazombie »

my first party had a warrior (heavy armour + axe spec), rogue (unarmed + dodge), and two mages (ice magic and fire mostly) ...

after learning the best way to really pimp my stats, i'm in the middle of a second play through - finding a lot more secrets : ) - and decided on this combo:
warrior - heavy armour + axe spec
warrior - heavy armour + sword spec
rogue - bows
rogue - thrown weapons

really enjoying this - skilled up the warriors to heavy armour first, then went into their weapon skill. Rogues went directly for bows and thrown weapons.

this combo works well because the rogue with throwing weapons can hold a torch

Might re-roll again later with two warriors and two rogues with the 'long reach' attack, or a 4 mage combo ...

anyone else with an interesting party format and skills?
Darklord

Re: fun party combos

Post by Darklord »

Whisky+Whisky makes for an awesome fun party combo! :lol:

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
jansaresinas

Post by jansaresinas »

hour 7, progress slow, no food left, i must be close to some snails, we hear them through the floor, the crab just wont die, maybe these weapons are not the most formidable in the world,...

SpoilerShow
thought process of my party of 4 legionaires each with 1 spear, 1 legionaire shield and some with a loincloth, some with sandals, no other gear they throw it away, they dont even put torches in their hands so we wonder around in the dark, they are scared. we're currently mid way through level 5
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Hey jansaresinas,

Wow sounds like fun , you should create a thread just for your playthrough! Would make for an interesting read. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Brodie301

Post by Brodie301 »

That's awesome finally someone thinking outside the box!!!
The FORCE is with me!!!
jansaresinas

Post by jansaresinas »

yah, its painstakingly humorous like poking needles in my forearms, i keep digging for secrets but all i find is some inferior equipment :)

i hate crabs, they have like a million hitpoints, at one place there are two so i avoided that and closed the door behind me, but i should rest there to open an iron door to some better awls or maybe spear +2, or two more loincloths for extra damage (!), but i cannot rest because i'm starving and have to get to the snails i dream about, just below me... i hear them...

it was an idea in some other thread, sounded like something for me so went with it. doubt i can write the 7 hour saga of what was happening before and how awe inspiring it was for my party when they first saw what they dubbed 'the ultimate killing formation', 'flawless', 'it... it's... byuutful',... the group of skeletal legionaires. maybe.
zuffazombie

Post by zuffazombie »

jansaresinas wrote:hour 7, progress slow, no food left, i must be close to some snails, we hear them through the floor, the crab just wont die, maybe these weapons are not the most formidable in the world,...

SpoilerShow
thought process of my party of 4 legionaires each with 1 spear, 1 legionaire shield and some with a loincloth, some with sandals, no other gear they throw it away, they dont even put torches in their hands so we wonder around in the dark, they are scared. we're currently mid way through level 5
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!!!! beauty
Lethaemis

Post by Lethaemis »

The 4 mage combo is funny until you get to caster mobs that just tear you a new one >.> I was playing it a little on Hard and played to level 2 and I hate those damn poison spitting things. May return to it again since I am sure it is a lot more fun once you get higher level spells and such.

I played 4 rogue combo and pwned monsters xD
HaunterV

Post by HaunterV »

Fighter + mace
Fighter+ Axe
Mage
Rogue + Bow
Grimrock Community 'FrankenDungeon 2012. Submit your entry now!: http://tinyurl.com/cnupr7h
SUBMIT YOUR ASSETS! Community Asset Pack (C.A.P.): http://tinyurl.com/bqvykrp
Behold! The HeroQuest Revival!: http://tinyurl.com/cu52ksc