suggestion about damage indicator

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Remit

Re: suggestion about damage indicator

Post by Remit »

I was also wondering, how come I can see the damage made by melee weapons, but not ranged attacks or spells. If I can see how hurt the monster gets from a punch, why not a thrown weapon? Also, I had the floating damage texts off, but still hitting some items, like
SpoilerShow
those weird (spider?) eggs and, not sure if I remember correctly, the wooden barrels and stuff that's lying around in some parts
gave me floating damage texts. A bug?
Thels

Post by Thels »

Remit wrote:I was also wondering, how come I can see the damage made by melee weapons, but not ranged attacks or spells. If I can see how hurt the monster gets from a punch, why not a thrown weapon?
Because damage is not applied until the floating weapon hits the mob, whereas melee weapons deal damage instantly.
Kouros

Post by Kouros »

I agree with you Huder, it would be better placed over the portrait rather than the health bar. Its impossible to judge your groups health in situations like The Fighters Challenge when you're being spam hit all the time.
BobT36

Post by BobT36 »

cathalferris wrote:I'd like to see a colouring of a character's face or the box around a character become yellow under e.g. 25% health left, and red at 15%. This should give enough time to get a potion in..
This + the other suggestions such as Green for poison and so on, as well as the indicator over the portrait, rather than the health bar.

Always been a big supporter of giving the player INFORMATION, rather than making things easier.
Draken

Post by Draken »

I think the 25% and 15% are okay for FIGHTERS, that just have a shitload of health, but on rogues or mages, it should be rather 50% and 25%... because, i've had my mages wrecked in just two hits (specially in the fighters challenge) and me being too late on the healing potion.
PSY

Post by PSY »

Agreed, please display the incoming damage in the character portrait.

PSY
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return