2x2 strafing undermines character building [edited]

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Spathi

Re: 2x2 strafing undermines character building [edited]

Post by Spathi »

Has been stated this many times a page for twenty pages, by a couple of people.

"into something else entirely" - Straw Man, I think you are hinting if the whole mechanic changes into some static affair, but I doubt it would. I agree that it would not be good to remove the concept that if you trap yourself the monsters will smash you... this is part of what is exciting.

I can not even understand what you are trying to say in some of those sentences, they do not make any sense. You are saying "even if it was bad you would still think it is good because it is suppose to be bad, but you think it is good"?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Spathi wrote:Has been stated this many times a page for twenty pages, by a couple of people.

"into something else entirely" - Straw Man

I can not even understand what you are trying to say in some of those sentences, they do not make any sense. You are saying "even if it was bad you would still think it is good because it is suppose to be bad, but you think it is good"?
I never implied that it was bad; I said, "even if I didn't like it".
*Do you associate anything that you personally dislike with being bad?

I cannot help if it's difficult to understand; it makes perfect sense as written (IMO). Perhaps I could say it like this: When you cross pollinate broccoli with cauliflower you get something rather neat, but it's not really Broccoli anymore. It's something else. Try not to read too much into this and just observe the literal point.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

I did not say you implied it was bad. and yes, I meant bad as dislike. I just rephrased it to try to get what you were saying.
SodanKerjuu

Post by SodanKerjuu »

1varangian wrote:Can we all just agree that square dancing around a lone HP inflated enemy for minutes at a time and never being attacked is not the epitome of fun and exciting combat?
No we can't.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

ahahaha
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

They should add difficulty with monsters who attack faster when they turn.

Right now most monsters allow you to easy get 1-2 attacks at least when they turn and wait.

This creates problem - no matter your choices, your skills, inventory, class selection, no matter ANYTHING - you can finish game easily on Hard.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I am pretty sure that the Ogres have a fast turning attack that can slam the party if the circumstances are right.
(But I'm not sure what those circumstances are; however, I've seen this happen many times, and it's not their standard attack.)
Thels

Post by Thels »

Isaac wrote:I am pretty sure that the Ogres have a fast turning attack that can slam the party if the circumstances are right.
(But I'm not sure what those circumstances are; however, I've seen this happen many times, and it's not their standard attack.)
SpoilerShow
From what I could notice, the Ogres simply attack the square on either side of them without turning towards those squares first.
pimpskinny

Post by pimpskinny »

Isaac wrote:I am pretty sure that the Ogres have a fast turning attack that can slam the party if the circumstances are right.
Yeppers. I can vouch. You can't just move next to them before they turn to face you in order to get in a cheap shot. They will sometimes just smack you really fast.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

They never get a hit in doing the 2x2 thing, which was the point of the thread.

Ogre in 1, stand in 4, wait, yawn, when they move to 2 or 3 hit them x times and move once, yawn, repeat.
..but you all know this, pretending not to is just as sad.