Is there a way to hotkey attacks and spells?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
oodyboo

Re: Is there a way to hotkey attacks and spells?

Post by oodyboo »

jynks wrote:
Endy wrote:You can get a wireless mouse + USB receiver for your laptop under 20eur anywhere.
that is not the point.
What is the point?

Tennis is hard to play without a racket. Soccer is hard to play without a ball. Most computer games are hard to play without a mouse...

Also, we have offered nothing but solutions, ranging from free software to different inexpensive hardware options, and you simply ignore them and complain.
jynks

Post by jynks »

for gods sake... get off your frickn soap box... all i asked was IF it was possible to use hotkeys.. i didn't come for a lecture on consumer rights... just answer the question... and it has btw and then forget the thread and let it be buried until the next guy finds it in a search. No one cares about your opinions that are completely off topic.
raksi8

Post by raksi8 »

I have a disability, and often play games with my laptop on a laptop desk while in bed - no room for a mouse just the built-in touchpad.

Don't make judgements as to why people want a particular feature. $20 for a wireless mouse is not the issue.

I definitely will look into the keymapping software as I have poor manual dexterity (under fire anyway) so continually either miss clicking on the weapon that just became active or actually pick it up in the middle of a battle (ugh!).

I play Skyrim with no issues with the touchpad, FYI. The laptop has switchable graphics between the on-board and a real card, so it is sweet - hard to find one like it.
jynks

Post by jynks »

if you can work out a way to get it to work let me know, cause I had to shelve this game due to not being able to map the keys
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

jynks wrote:for gods sake... get off your frickn soap box... all i asked was IF it was possible to use hotkeys.. i didn't come for a lecture on consumer rights... just answer the question... and it has btw and then forget the thread and let it be buried until the next guy finds it in a search. No one cares about your opinions that are completely off topic.
How about switching your brain on for a moment? There is a reason such games are mouse-driven since 25 years.

Write yourself a list to see how many hotkeys are needed to play LoG (or any other dungeon crawler) with a gamepad instead of a mouse. Once you made such a list check if your gamepad has enough buttons to map. You will see it does not.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jynks

Post by jynks »

there is no need to be rude. I play many games with gamepad that may seam to someone such as yourself as not able to be played.. like say GuildWars 2, or Starcarft 2. The problem is that the game dosn't have hotkeys to map in the 1st place.
Last edited by jynks on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

jynks wrote:The problem is that the game dosn't have hotkeys to map in the 1st place.
And that's the reason you were hinted to use the AutoHotKey tool.
Yet there is no complete mapping for every action in LoG so you have to come up with those configs and definitions by yourself.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jynks

Post by jynks »

This is not really a good option as you need to use exact screen cords to use autohot key to move the mouse for you, this isn't usable for many reasons.

The point of this thread is not to give options that are so obvious they were tried in the 1st 2 seconds of trying ot find a solution before this thread was even started but to let the developers know that in there next game they might want to include a more robust hotkey system to allow people to modify there game experience to the way they wish to play.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

jynks wrote:This is not really a good option as you need to use exact screen cords to use autohot key to move the mouse for you, this isn't usable for many reasons.
Of course that's an option. All you have to do is calibrate your profile to get the screen cords matched.
jynks wrote:The point of this thread is not to give options that are so obvious they were tried in the 1st 2 seconds of trying ot find a solution before this thread was even started but to let the developers know that in there next game they might want to include a more robust hotkey system to allow people to modify there game experience to the way they wish to play.
You're running in circles; calling for hotkeys without knowing how many would be needed or even trying what others suggest.
jynks

Post by jynks »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
jynks wrote:This is not really a good option as you need to use exact screen cords to use autohot key to move the mouse for you, this isn't usable for many reasons.
Of course that's an option. All you have to do is calibrate your profile to get the screen cords matched.
I know your trying to help but I think you really do not understand how autohotkey works.

AutoHotkey doesn't use window cords, it used global cords for controlling mouse moment. So if like many people play this game in windows mode while they chat online, watch tv-shows or a host of other things people do then the screen position of the zones you wish to target are not in the same spot unless you have the window in the exact same position each time.
Dr.Disaster wrote:
jynks wrote:The point of this thread is not to give options that are so obvious they were tried in the 1st 2 seconds of trying ot find a solution before this thread was even started but to let the developers know that in there next game they might want to include a more robust hotkey system to allow people to modify there game experience to the way they wish to play.
You're running in circles; calling for hotkeys without knowing how many would be needed or even trying what others suggest.
Dude, this thread was fully dead, a guy posted that he also wished for the same solutions. There is no point in coming in here saying "do it like this" Trust me I have done what they suggested. I know autohotkey very well and have been using it in games form when it was called MacKeys. The solutions in this thread simply are not robust enough to handle my own needs and the needs of a few others I know..

Of course the devs can not anticipate how individuals would like to play.. BUT, if in their next game they chose to add a robust hotkey system that replaced mouse positional clicks then like other games, people could mod it to there hearts content with out any problems.